“Thoroughly Recommended!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Description: Bubby's serves homemade American food. Celebrating 25 years, we've been cooking like Americans since 1990.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place was recommended in my NYC guide book - they were not wrong!
Nice ambience to the place with funky music at the right volume. Good place for informal meal.
Staff were really friendly and offered advice over the various options available.
The 'Mac and cheese' was singled out in my book as being superb so I had that on the side with my burger. One of the best burgers I've ever had and the mac and cheese was impossibly good. Finished the meal off with sour cherry pie - again, superb.
Prices were excellent - would have happily paid a bit more. I'll go back there again with my wife (was solo this time on business trip)
Try this place, it's really good

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our first trip to Bubby's, and we went for dinner - probably our mistake, as I heard their brunch and breakfast is fantastic. Dinner included all the typical comfort foods, and it seemed like everyone was getting the fried chicken platter. We had pasta and the bacon mac and cheese, which was good. I had to get the sour cherry pie, which was good but nothing exceptional. Apparently they have won awards for their pie, but I have had cherry pie made just as well. Next trip we will definitely go to Bubby's for breakfast.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This is always worth of extra time to travel for a great breakfast. Must stop and try place, incl. lunch, dinner, or extras.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Food is standard diner fare, good comfort food. However, the place gets VERY crowded and VERY noisy, so we give it a miss and let everyone else wait outside for their pancake and macaroni and cheese fix.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great food and solid atmosphere. Had the banana walnut pancake and it was excellent. Large portions and organic. Excellent fresh squeezed orange and apple juices.