“Great food in lovely relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Omen

Omen
Reserve with OpenTable
Omen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,936 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Launceston, Australia
“Great food in lovely relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to Omen with a friend whilst visiting New York. I had read a review saying it served great Japanese food in a laid back, no fuss atmosphere. This description was spot on and I would definitely go back again, loved the food, loved the decor, loved the service. I noticed others have said it was expensive but I didn't find it to be by Australian standards and the food was worth it. My friend has since taken her partner back and had another great meal.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jackson-co

Needham
“Japanese Country Inn nestled in NYC”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We discovered OMEN a few years ago and now we make a yearly pilgrimage the week after Christmas (I think this was number 5). This is in the great style of country inns found usually only in the outskirts of the big cities in Japan (but far more affordable then those!). We always order the Deluxe Sashimi Dinner ($85). It changes with the season and is always wonderful. Sashimi is only one small part of this incredible dining experience. Each magical course is presented most beautifully with many small plates, bowls and containers surrounded by beautifully placed accompaniments on each serving. All deliver a most exquisite sight and taste treat I have never experienced outside of Japan. The surroundings are to make you feel like you are in a rustic inn. Service is always excellent. A good sake menu (but good sake is generally expensive and in my opinion marked up beyond affordability - not only here, but everywhere ).
We usually drink the warm house sake, which is more affordable, but not the ideal for such a wonderful menu. Japanese beer is also available, but then not our favorite style Whatever you decide will only enhance a lovely evening

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank IPM
NYC
“The Best Sushi around!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Simple, clean, and the food is delicious.

It's in a lovely location, great for a birthday party and, I have to say, they have such great sushi - from a sushi lover, like me.

My mother used to always come here to eat with my father and now she introduced my sister and me to this restaurant so that we can all share the experience together.

We love it. I love it. You will love it.

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Still the best after so many years”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have ben going to this restaurant since the early 80's. When I was living in NYC, it was every Sunday. The formula has not changed since day one and I hope it stays this way. True authentic japanese cuisine; no sushi however but exquisite refine food. Even tough the prices are high, it's well worth it.

• Visited June 2011
madrid
“Great Japanese Restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We were there in october 2010 and had a great dinner. I think it is important to know that it is not a sushi restaurant. It is a japanese restaurant and they only have a couple of sushi dishes. The food was really good and the service was great.

• Visited October 2010