“Terrific!”

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenue
Transit: A,C,E train to 14th Street
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I very much enjoyed the creative Mexican menu and the friendliness of the staff. The hostess Emily is a true asset to the restaurant. The wait staff were very knowledgeable and did a good job. It was a nice taste to have a fajita-making station in the corner of the place too. The food was different and creative. I will definitely go back for another date.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

You might walk right by this place, but you would be missing NYC's hidden gem & the delicious dishes prepared by Chef Sue. I've been to the restaurant several times over the last few years and every time my guests have a festive time, enjoy the cheerful atmosphere with an inside garden, the friendliest staff and the nice variety of specialties -- where one dish is just as amazing as the next. Several times Chef Sue has come to our table, treated us to specially made appetizers or desserts, or just sat down and chatted a few moments with us -- she's so charming and down to earth. Love this place.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have always enjoyed my dinner at Suenos. Last night I celebrated my birthday there but was a little disappointed. Since I usually have had great food there, I will still recommend it. I was looking forward to enjoying the Prix Fixe that ends at 7 PM (630 reservation) . When we were placing our orders we were told the prix fixe stops at 6:50, even though the menu shows 7. At 7:05 if was confirmed that they would not be able to honor it. We ordered from the a la cart menu instead. When food came, after waiting about 45 mins, that's were the disappointment came in 3 of the 6 guest had to ask for their food to be heated, as it was cold.

On the other hand, the serrano chile key lime pie was absolutely delicious! A must try. Also the Paloma cocktail was very good.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Even though it's just off 8th Ave, it seems like a hidden gem. I've been there a handfull of times, and have had a good experience each time. The food is exceptional and, to me anyway, original. The ambience and the atmosphere is perfect for a date or just a special dinner with a friend or two. The wating staff is very professional and knowledgable. The chef is sometimes present in the dining room.

There are a few different areas you could be seated in. They are all good. The only drawback is there might not be great "audio privacy" depending on how full or empty it is, or on where you sit.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I can't talk about the food, since I won't be going here after having a bad (poor) communication experience with the staff after trying to book a reservation for a relatively large party. Initially I was told I could book for a week night and would be accomodated. After calling back to confirm a few days later, I was informed I could not be accomodated and that the manager who told me I would be, was incorrect. Definitely not going there