“Nice café”
Review of Sant Ambroeus

Sant Ambroeus
Reserve with OpenTable
Sant Ambroeus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,575 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Perry Street
Transit: A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street and the 1 train to Christopher Street.
Reviewed September 21, 2016

We dropped in here and found ourselves back in Europe!
The staff was helpful and this place was a lovely hideaway! :-)
The neighbourhood was very quiet.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

This is my favourite restaurant for breakfast. It is also great for lunch; delicious salads, pastas, desserts and best of all, espresso and cappuccino. The feel and vibe is like an Italian cafe/bar in Milan. I highly recommend it, a true neighbourhood gem.

1  Thank WalkJC60
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Such delicious and civilized breakfasts! They know how to make your experience luxurious and relaxing. Intimate cafe, delicious food, delicious coffee. On a gorgeous West Village corner. If I can I like to go for breakfast during the week, weekends are quite crowded, more relaxing when they are less busy. Everything is delicious!!

1  Thank KWS63
Reviewed August 31, 2016

We at there twice once for pastry and cappuccino and once for breakfast. It think it is kind of a neighborhood hang out. The first time I had delicious coconut gelato and my friend had flourless chocolate cake. Both of the deserts were wonderful! the. the gelato was not too sweet and the cake was rich like whipped fudge. The next day we had breakfast and I had avocado toast and my friend had pancakes with fresh berries. although were tourist we felt quite welcome.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I recently ate at the restaurant and the overwhelming feeling was one of underwhelmed. Friends had chosen as a suitable brunch place and having checked the breakfast and brunch menu's there seemed to be plenty to choose from. However when we arrived only the brunch was being served and that was a distinctly limited feel for a more breakfast-based brunch.

The food itself was very so-so. The eggs benedict lacking any original features and although relatively well cooked, was not something that you would not be able to prepare yourself if capable of toasting a muffin and poaching an egg.

The most frustrating thing was the service. For a restaurant that at the time we were there was only half full it was frustrating to have sparkling water poured in still (with no replacement bottle offered for the mistake) to be up-sold to a bottle of wine without confirming the price only to realise it was over $100, and when the brunch meal is very average and you are facing a bill of $200+ for two of you that leaves me with a little frustrated feeling considering how many other great places are the in City that offer better food and service for significantly more value.

Everyone there must enjoy it but I will not be returning and would recommend to look elsewhere unless you really do just want to go and people watch and overpay for the privilege.