“A gem in the village”
Review of August

August
Reserve with OpenTable
August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,363 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, Italian, Central European, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: Located at 791 Lexington Avenue (between 61st and 62nd Streets), August is a charming respite amid the hustle of Midtown Manhattan. Fans of the longtime Bleecker Street location, which closed earlier this year, can continue to enjoy Chef Josh Eden's eclectic takes on classic comfort food. Mussels steamed with lemon beer broth and kale, Roasted Squash Ravioli, and Braised Short Ribs with Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts are a few of the iconic August dishes served at the uptown location, along with inventive new entrees like Cauliflower Risotto made with white chocolate. The wood and velvet chairs at the bar give guests a perfect vantage point of the cool and sophisticated decor while enjoying an expertly executed cocktails from a rotating list.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This bistro-like restaurant always surprises with the ingenuity of its menu and the freshness of its fare.
This is the only place where after finishing an entree I asked for seconds.
Not to worry, reasonable prices still made the tab also very palaple.
The garden room in the back is so refreshing in summer and so cosy in winter.
Service is excellent and friendly. Suggestions are always on target and the wine list is interesting.
Overall, you will always have a delicious time!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Really pretty spot with an enclosed garden at the back. Food was very good, but the brunch menu could have been a bit bigger. Baked eggs in a cast iron casserole are the specialty, and are really good.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

What a gem! Loved the chicken wings - one of the best I've ever had and loved our brunch here - perfectly made, fresh and delicious. The patio is beautiful, the perfect NYC space. A definite stop on my next visit to NYC.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I read great things about August and had always wanted to try it. After literally walking by it one rainy night a few weeks ago, I stopped in. It was comforting the moment I walked through the door and cozied up to the bar.

Leigh the bartender greeted me with a warm smile, and I knew this would soon be one of my favorite places.

I ordered a glass of red wine and discussed the several hard-to-choose from menu items with Leigh. Being on a lower-carb diet, I decided to try the pan seared diver scallops over frise. I was torn between the scallops, the aged sirloin and pork chop. The pork came with crispy chestnuts -- come on: crispy chestnuts. Does it get any better?

Wanting to "try" to be healthy, I chose the scallops but asked Leigh if they could somehow add some chestnuts to my plate. He said no problem -- and they did! By the way, crispy chestnuts are as fantastic as they sound.

The portion was on the smaller side but it was delicious and just enough.

I've made a reservation to return this Wednesday for my partner's birthday and plan on dining on outside (where Victor Garber happened to be dining the night I was there).

The wood burning fireplace/stove was a perfect touch to a rainy evening. It's really cool that you can watch the chef cook from the main dining room.

If you're in the mood for great food, friendly service in a cozy atmosphere try August. Leigh is adorable -- make sure to try his homemade vanilla soda.

Trust me. You will love August as much as I do!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I loved the patio when i ahd my business dinner ! August is truly Italian flavour cousine with a touch of american fusion! the wine list is terrific and the atmosphere is so nice and intimate. Not to much tables and you can really enjoy wine while speaking with your guest. I recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank RealBusinessReview