“wonderfully and interestingly spiced southwestern style”
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 15th and 16th Street
Transit: N,R,4,5,6,F,V trains to Union Square
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Two of us made a meal of 4 appetizers and were very satisfied. (Ribs, shrimp tacos, apple salad and tuna tartare.) Salad was nothing special, but the others were wonderfully flavored and textured and thoroughly enjoyable. Waiter was helpful (we were in a rush) and also pointed out that the beer I ordered was 20 ounces, (so we just ordered one, and appreciated the information). Prices were reasonable for new york city.

Balcony is quieter but warm.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first time here. We went for my wife’s Birthday. From the time we walked in the door until we left everyone was very nice and helpful to us. First stop was the bar for a drink, we were early, they did offer to sit us, we told them we would like a drink and than sit, no problem. Nice clean bar and nice people behind the bar to serve you. When we did sit for dinner the table was nice, roomy and a nice view. Our server was Nicole, very nice young lady, answered all our questions and did not push you to order, she gave us lots of time. When the food came it great tasted and looked very nice on the dish. For the main meal I did go with Nicole’s suggestion, and I'm very happy I did. We had dessert and on the side of the dish they had written Happy Birthday and as the other servers passed they all wished my wife Happy Birthday. I'm looking forward to going back. Thank you Nicole for making it a nice dinner.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had to check out Bobby Lay's restaurant. Wasn't disappointed. Flavours were amazing, ingredients the freshest and service was sensational. Ate too much though but could not resist the dessert.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wonderful meal! Beautifully presented and delicious. I had the shrimp tacos. My husband had the pork sandwich. Together we shared the Salted Caramel Toffee Pudding for dessert which was wonderful. The staff were courteous and efficient.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have had a few meals here and have always been satisfied. I always recall the wonderful bread/muffin basket that you are given. It seems sort of timeless and I like that.