“I thought this place was...”
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Mesa Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 15th and 16th Street
Transit: N,R,4,5,6,F,V trains to Union Square
brooklyn, ny
“I thought this place was...”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

I thought this place was supposed to be amazing. it was ok. and i still hate bobby flay.

• Turkish first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Had the 16 spice chicken...was great...very tender . Cilantro mash potatoes were a nice compliment side.”
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Whatever you think of Bobby Flay, this restaurant of his is terrific. I may be a little biased too...I met the love of...”
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Whatever you think of Bobby Flay, this restaurant of his is terrific. I may be a little biased too...I met the love of my life there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Oklahoma
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

On my first trip to NYC, I made several reservations to restaurants that had been recommended to me. Mesa Grill was not only recommended to me by friend, but being a Bobby Flay fan, I knew I really wanted to dine there. The restaurant was cleverly decorated and it had a very cool, big city atmosphere; however I did not feel intimidated to be there. The bar was packed and every table was full. My party had an 8:30pm reservation, which I recommend.
The food was excellent! The menu was definitely different, but I expected that, and enjoyed it! I personally had the 16 Spice Chicken and thought it was delicious. The rest of my table had the venison and the lamb. All raved about their choices. We also split two salads, and found them to be incredible.
They had a nice wine selection and a good bar. We tried their margaritas on recommendation from our waitress, and, yes, they were good, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the restaurant just for the drink (although the margaritas are what they claim as their speciality).
The service was OK. Not great, but not bad either. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable, but not overly friendly (that didn't really bother me. I just happened to notice).
All in all it was a wonderful experience. It was well worth the price and the effort to get over to the restaurant.
I think you'll really enjoy this restaurant if you like a hip crowd and atmosphere, and enjoy your favorite foods with a creative spin.

2 Thank kpthetravelgirl
new jersey
“Bad Food”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Im 49 years old and have been going to restaurants in the tri state area since im 17. My husband and I figured we have been out to dinner at least 2000 times. I took some friends of mine to this mess they call a grill. First it was very hot, we asked to turn up the A.C. no can do. Our table was upstairs, tried to have it changed, no can do. Appetizers were small and not very good. My lamb came and I noticed it was overcooked but didn't say anything. Then I heard my friend say that he cant eat his lamb because its to rare for him. They mixed up our orders. Inexcusable for a restaurant like this. The filet was dry and the size of a meatball. That sixteen spice chicken with some kind of sweet potato tamale was horrible. Believe me everything was small and dry. Even the desserts were bad. Another lady on this site said that her local restaurant is better, I say there are a THOUSAND local restaurants better than this. Now you have to trust me, don't blow this review off, this place is really, really bad.

2 Thank ItalianGold