“How do they make food taste so good?!”
Review of Mesa Grill - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 15th and 16th Street
Transit: N,R,4,5,6,F,V trains to Union Square
Huntington, New York
“How do they make food taste so good?!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were staying in Union Square so we decided to try Bobby Flay's restaurant. When we first saw the menu we thought it was pretty limited. And as a vegetarian, I only had one option, and it didn't seem very original. I was very wrong!

When the food arrived, not only was it beautifully plated, it was absolutely delicious! I mean, beyond all expectations delicious. Like, how do they do that delicious. I seriously wanted to lick the plate.

I wish we'd left room for dessert, but we were too stuffed. We did have a glass of wine, which was just as delicious as the food.

Go here. Go here now.

• Turkish first
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Best pumpkin soup!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recently had dinner with a friend. Nice to know that after Sandy, the restaurant has power. Everything we ate was terrific, but I thought the pumpkin soup was outstanding- a lovely dark color, smooth and slightly sweet.

Visited November 2012
Newark, New Jersey
“great food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went with girlfriends for a 30th birthday. Great food, spicy overall but the server provided a great recommendation for the tuna- not spicy at all and very tasty. A bit loud, but it was a Friday night. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Romantic dinner on 5th Ave NYC”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our 1st time at this restaurant, a lovely table on the second floor. Rabbit entree highly recommended, as is the tuna. We were anxious to visit Bobby Flay's restaurant, and it did not disappoint.

• Visited October 2012
“I was not very impressed with the food over priced and the plates were small and not very good”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Terrible I expected more from Bobby Flay. They brought are plates to the wrong table then they did not even take it back to the kitchen to redo the other people breathed all over are food. Then the waiter just gave us our plates. Not even making a big dal out of it. I was very unhappy would not go there again Bobby Flay should train his staff better.