“Getting delivery solves the only issue” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Republic

Republic
Ranked #207 of 13,478 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Republic offers up a unique fusion of Asian cuisines using the freshest ingredients, the most savory spices, and creativity! Think noodles, think Republic! We focus on serving you healthy, nutritious, and affordable dishes that you won't soon forget. Our team believes in natural foods and the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Whether you're enjoying our Curry Vegetable broth noodles, our Grilled Chicken with Pesto and rice, or our take on the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, you can be sure that you'll enjoy an incredible dish made with only the best vegetables, noodles, and spices available. We even invite you to watch Republic chefs prepare your food in our open kitchen! They'll be using cooking methods from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and China to prepare you a delicious dish. And what would a great meal be without the perfect beverage to drink alongside it? Pair your meal with sake, beer, wine, or even one of our seasonal signature cocktails! Whether you're joining us for lunch, dinner, or drinks, you'll love our innovative and inexpensive Asian fusion at Republic!
New York City, New York
“Getting delivery solves the only issue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I order the food to be delivered to get around the noisy, hectic scene with communal tables. It's fun if you are in a crowd. The food is very good and tastes authentic with just the right amount of fresh cilantro where necessary. Unlike many restaurants, the delivery from here tasted just as good as eating in house. This is a go-to place when I am in the mood for Asian noodle dishes.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Hot Bartender, Great Food, Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This spot is so much more than just a restaurant. It's an EXPERIENCE. I am a vegan, so my eating requirements are difficult to meet in most places, but not here. I had a variety of choices (yea!) I chose an excellent tofu Pad Thai and a cocktail.

We sat at the bar because it was quicker than waiting for a table. We arrived during Happy Hour though, so we had to wait even for that seating option, but it was worth the wait, let me tell you! The bar is right by the kitchen, which is open to the restaurant. As a former food service worker, I can say that I am always happy to be able to watch someone make my food. It gives me confidence in the quality, you know? I also enjoyed talking with the staff while I waited for my food. It was not a long wait at all. I will say though, as other reviewers have done, it is not the spot for an intimate meal. It is loud, noisy and busy. *Shrug* No problem. The bartender was hot, the food was excellent, the vibe was right and the price was nice. I will be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Good Prices For Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The noodles were just okay, but the happy hour beer makes this trip to Union Square worth it! You'll be in the heart of the NYU area, so there will be a lot going on. In the summer you can dine outside, although the interior has a much better ambiance. Check your beer bottle before drinking for any slimy green stuff. I'm not sure what this is, but it could just be frost from keeping the beer cold. Other than that, this place has good happy hour specials with reasonably good food.

Visited May 2014
Maastricht, Netherlands
“Good Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

If you like Wagamama in UK, then you'll also like this place. The concept is more or less the same both for the food as for the seating. The place is quite noisy so if you want to have a quiet dinner I would not recommend it. For a catch up with friends and a relaxed setting, this is really nice. The food is good and quick for a good price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Lisbon, Portugal
“Cool thay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've been there a couple of times in the last month. It is one of may favs in New York already. It is perfect for a lunch with some friends. Deco is cool and young, walls with amazing pics. Starters are to die for as well as the noodles and rice. Good amount of food for a fair price and good quality. Service was fast both times.

• 5 of 5 bubbles