“Good value, flavorful food in a noisy setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Republic

Republic
Ranked #193 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Republic offers up a unique fusion of Asian cuisines using the freshest ingredients, the most savory spices, and creativity! Think noodles, think Republic! We focus on serving you healthy, nutritious, and affordable dishes that you won't soon forget. Our team believes in natural foods and the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Whether you're enjoying our Curry Vegetable broth noodles, our Grilled Chicken with Pesto and rice, or our take on the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches, you can be sure that you'll enjoy an incredible dish made with only the best vegetables, noodles, and spices available. We even invite you to watch Republic chefs prepare your food in our open kitchen! They'll be using cooking methods from Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and China to prepare you a delicious dish. And what would a great meal be without the perfect beverage to drink alongside it? Pair your meal with sake, beer, wine, or even one of our seasonal signature cocktails! Whether you're joining us for lunch, dinner, or drinks, you'll love our innovative and inexpensive Asian fusion at Republic!
New York City
“Good value, flavorful food in a noisy setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I keep returning to this large place for its good choices of flavorful food at very moderate prices. Whether it's one of the many Thai soups or dry entrees, all are brimming with flavor and quite satisfying. You don't walk away hungry after dining at Republic. Its cocktail menu also offers imaginative drinks. The downside is that coming here in the evening confronts the patron with a deafening hall--so loud that anyone caring to have a conversation would be well advised to bring a megaphone!
global New York City

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lebanon, NJ
“Dinner was inedible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went to Republic for a friend's birthday. Drinks and appetizers were all very good. Unfortunately, I ordered a vegetarian dinner, and it was served cold. It was absolutely horrible and I couldn't eat it, which is very rare for me to not even eat something. I ended up eating off my husband's duck dinner, which was very good.

The appetizers and drinks here were fabulous and you get a very large portion. My dinner was awful though, so I can't give it more than 2 stars. Pricing was very fair for NYC as well.

Visited December 2012
Mevasseret Zion, Israel
“Best for lunch or afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Excellent food. Fresh, tasty, great menu, and you can't get wrong with picking up the dish. The location on Union Square is perfect. The staff is so accomodating and friendly, The decoration is modern and fun. Be aware that the plates are huge - nevertheless, we have had no problem enjoying it till the last drop/ bite as it was so tasty. Definitely I'll be back when around

• Visited December 2012
Danbury, CT
“Great Noodle House and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This restaurant has large tables to share. It's a lively, not for a quiet lunch/dinner has a great noodle-house atmosphere it a greatspot for a casual lunch or dinner. Its always on my list when I'm in the city.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“A lot of food for cheap, but it's GREAT food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was down in New York City with friends from home and college, and we needed a place that could accommodate a seating for 14. This place did the trick, and when we finally got around to ordering couldn't believe the prices. For $13, you got a huge meal that could probably feed two people, but for me it was perfect.... actually finished my friends meal too, it was that good. Great Thai food, highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012