“Atmospheric Stand-out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steak Frites - CLOSED

Steak Frites
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Union Square West & 5th Ave
Transit: 1 block from Union Square Station of 4,5,6, N,R,W and L trains.
“Atmospheric Stand-out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Steak Frites is the kind of place that you can bring your date, your parents, your friends or a client -- and feel that it was the perfect, relaxed environment for all. The prices are reasonable, the food is consistently good and the service is friendly but not intrusive. The steak, as you can imagine, is always perfect but they menu has great salads and fish dishes.

• Visited April 2013

Ann Arbor, MI
“Good filet, average everything else”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Again, my kingdom for the ability to give half stars! I'm giving this four because we've had a great trip to NYC and I'm drunk with the success of it all. Took my 11-year-old niece here for a blow-out steak dinner before leaving town. Ambiance was lovely, but the restaurant dead at 7 on a Monday night - was a little worried what that indicated. Service was a bit hover-y, which I suppose was better than being ignored.

My niece and I got the 10 oz center cut filets - girl can put away some steak! My husband got the rib eye. We all enjoyed our steaks, although the bearnaise sauce wasn't the best. Fries were average. Shrimp cocktail starter were jumbo shrimp, very tasty. So, all things considered, this place was "good." But the steak itself was "very good" and at a much lower price than the high-end steak joints.

• Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by chance and were treated to excellent food and service. They were very accommodating to my little 2 year olds needs and were very helpful with menu choices. I would very.much recommend it.

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for brunch on sunday with my wife before church. Nice place, big and open though the tables are alittle small and close together, but i guess that is typical in the city. Wasnt bad for us, since we were there early and no one else was around. I think they say they are open starting 10am but i dont think they really open until 11.

The food was very good and the prices werent too bad for the city (eggs benedict was $14 and so was a bacon burger). Coffee was good too. Probably would go again to try there unlimited hour of bloody mary or mimosa (i think it's $30) but if you go on sunday, make sure to go after 12 since they cant serve alcohol until then.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Still good after all these years...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch after not having eaten here in 7 years! I am happy to report that it's still really good! The frites! Goes without saying that they are cooked to perfection. The steak sandwich is delicious! I tried the grilled chicken sandwich for the first time and it is not only huge, but it is quite delicious as well. Plenty of food for your money. The staff is friendly and welcoming, they are happy you're there! In warm weather you can dine outside; which is nice.

Visited March 2013