“Friendly waiter”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Union Square West & 5th Ave
Transit: 1 block from Union Square Station of 4,5,6, N,R,W and L trains.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The waiter was friendly, the onion soup is good, apple tart for dessert was very good.
The Steak Frites was a bit disappointing, fatty and a little hard to eat on a date.
This restaurant is good for large parties.We were able to have a nice leisurely dinner without being rushed to finish.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This restaurant has great potential....atmosphere, wait staff (our waitress was very attentive), but needs help with the cuisine. We went on Saturday for a late brunch (served until 4:30pm). We ordered Oeufs Benedict "Steak Frites" w/ spinach, steak medallions and eggs w/ Bearnaise sauce. The medallions were not grilled in such a manner that there was any carmelization on the outside. The entree lacked salt even thought none of the 3 of us are heavy salters. Most disappointing were what are billed as "frites"...they are only relatively wabbly french fries with none of the characteristics of good "frites"....they were totally lacking in crispyness and seemed almost tired. While we had planned to have dessert...we lacked the confidence to order it even though the selections were appealing after the only average entree.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a wonderful place for families and friends to get together and enjoy a great steak over a beer and fries. The food is typical Belgian bistro-like with an extensive list of meal-beer, meal-wine pairings. The service is young, energetic, friendly and attentive. It is not lavishly decorated but that makes it all the more charming. Having lived in Belgium for 5 years I found this place very home and reminiscent iof my time abroad. P.S. the frites are uitstekkend (wonderful).

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Steaks cooked appropriately, sides were a decent price, but to expensive for what it is.

My $35 ribeye was more like a $20 chain cut and mashed potatoes were from a box. I prob will not go back until prices go down.

1  Thank Dc3312010
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Service at the Brunch was severely lacking. One new waitress works the entire restaurant. New menu had a mistake indicating filet mignon and eggs. Ordered it with fries (Frites). A strip steak arrived and home fries. Explanation from the waitress: Oh yeah thats a mistake on the printing of the menu. When asked why she did not inform me, deer in the headlights.

The manager offered to get me something else, but I preferred to dine with my wife than to have us both dine at different times. I remembered this to be a much better restaurant. Maybe lunch and dinner are better. The restaurant seems to be "for the tourists".