“Chic Brunch”
Review of Pastis - CLOSED

Pastis
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Little West 12th St.
Transit: A,C,E,L to 14th street-walk two blocks west to Ninth Avenue & two blocks south to Little West 12th. 1,9,2,3 to 14th Street at Seventh Avenue, walk three blocks west to Ninth Avenue & two blocks south to Little West 12th.
Description: Pastis is a French bistro located in Manhattan's meatpacking district opened by Keith McNally. Executive Chef Pascal Le Seac'h prepares a menu that combines hearty Provencal dishes with moderately-priced bistro fare. The bar serves a range of house cocktails, wines by the glass, carafe or bottle, and several varieties of pastis, an anise-flavored aperitif from the south of France.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place to see and be seen, Pastis provides delicious food (I've only been for brunch) and great people watching. Make a reservation and dress chicly while you enjoy your French experience near the cobblestones!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to brunch with my friends and had a very nice time. It is french inspired and by the look and feel of it, I agree it has french flare. I've been to France and did notice similarities. It has beautiful and unique tile ceilings and subway tiled walls. I agree with other reviews that it is touristy however it is expected as it is across from The Gansevoort Hotel. Even so, I have been here a few times and enjoyed it all time. Service was pleasant. Our table had Belinis which were delicious. Based on what our table of 9 had...I can say that the Mushroom Ravioli was outstanding...the cheddar burger was delicious! The fries were mediocre but were crispy. Yhe pancakes with authentic maple surup was equally delicious. Regarding the rest of the dishes, our table very much enjoyed. I must also comment that I believe they have the staff "wear" a french accent. I could swear I heard it turned on and off. Pricing was high for the type of food, however reasonable for NYC. Will be back again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I tried them all - and all were outstanding. A great (albeit touristy) spot in the centre of town. Highly recommended for their eggs and homefries, cheeseburger and soup - yes I put on a couple of kilos in this joint. Great service - sorely missed.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Fun old building with lots of vintage French flair. Great service, sea bass was great, the duck cassoulet was not the best ever, the mac & cheese with bacon was great, and the roast chicken was a hit! Great wine selection as well.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Bistro food is nourishing and pleasurable enough to eat every day. Pastis provides very authentic, well-prepared versions of traditional dishes plus notable variations. The setting is noisy but cosy, full of energy and lots of very good looking people. Our waiter was terrific -- enthusiastic, present whenever needed, great on the wine selection. Very enjoyable evening!