“Undrinkable Coffee”
Review of Pastis - CLOSED

Pastis
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Little West 12th St.
Transit: A,C,E,L to 14th street-walk two blocks west to Ninth Avenue & two blocks south to Little West 12th. 1,9,2,3 to 14th Street at Seventh Avenue, walk three blocks west to Ninth Avenue & two blocks south to Little West 12th.
Description: Pastis is a French bistro located in Manhattan's meatpacking district opened by Keith McNally. Executive Chef Pascal Le Seac'h prepares a menu that combines hearty Provencal dishes with moderately-priced bistro fare. The bar serves a range of house cocktails, wines by the glass, carafe or bottle, and several varieties of pastis, an anise-flavored aperitif from the south of France.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had read reports on the bistro and were looking forwards to having breakfast here. The coffee was awful and the rest of breakfast no better. I ordered muesli and my wife a pastry.
There are so many great places to go in the same area - give this one a wide berth.

There are newer reviews for Pastis

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pastis was high recommended by local relatives for our recent trip to NY. I was hoping for a perfect French restaurant in which to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday, and Pastis more than fit the bill! We had reservations, but miscalculated the time needed to get to the area and arrived 30 minutes early. Great luck for us, our arrival time coincided with the "lull before the storm!" We were seated in a quaint room, had the undivided attention of our terrific and charismatic server, and were well into our meal before the room was completely full. The food was out of this world - our daughter ( a steak afficianado) deemed the meal as the best she has ever had. I completely concur. I have absolutely nothing to suggest in terms of improvements, and cannot wait to return with my husband.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you are arround, at Meatpacking district, it worth going.The food, service a environment are very nice.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food and service was good. This place is always busy. Parking is a hassle but New Yorker's are apparently use to it.

My understanding is the brunch on weekends is fabulous.

I'd go back.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A great little eatery in a Parisienne style. The food was excellent and the service extremely attentive. We'd just flown in from London so were a little jaded but the relaxed atmosphere was very welcoming. We ate at 3pm and even then the place was pretty full so I think booking is essential. It looked like quite a trendy hangout - i mean that in a positive sense! This isn't specific to Pastis but I wonder what would happen if NYC restaurants banned smart phones? Virtually every table had someone engrossed on their phone - not talking but texting or web surfing. We noticed this in every single place we went. Not a criticism - just an observation!

Great place to meet some friends, have a chat and eat some very good food