“Good First Impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Noho Star

Noho Star
Reserve with OpenTable
Noho Star is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,299 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Schellsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good First Impression”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

First time at this restaurant. We walked up and 4 of us got seated right away. Greeted by a very pleasant waitress, that could answer our questions without a pause. The food was well prepared with a beautiful presentation. Tasty and well seasoned and priced right. We finished with a chocolate Sunday, that we all shared.

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Bottom feeding in NYC”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Was in NYC for a weekend and friends insisted on going to the NOVO STAR. We had to take the subway to get there as traffic was was in full gridlock in the mid east side so I thought to myself we are in for a treat if we have to go so far to get to a restaurant. What a dump when we exited the subway I was in shock. Looks like a run down greasy spoon restaurant from the street that has not had a reno in 30 years. Inside was just a little better so we sat down and I tried to forget about ambience. Next the menue. Almost every dish on the menu was made with or had in it pork save for the one fish dish and one chicken dish. My friends that brought me there were embarrassed as they know I dont eat pork and were also surprised that the menu had been totally changed in apparantly the last 6 months that they had not been there. As well the prices on the menu were off the chart. I mean this place looks like a Mom and Pop diner and that is being generous. There were 4 of us and I wound up ordering a salad consisting of chopped water cress and pomegranate seeds which looked like the only half decent salad there. It was disgusting when it arrived just drenched in vinegar. Took one bight and that was it for me for dinner. My friends ordered the chicken and it was a boiled breast with mashed potatoes that looked just as bad as my salad. My friends that took me there were very apologetic and they admitted that the food had gone downhill and that the place was not what it use to be. There are so many fabulous restaurants in NYC why anyone would choose this place is beyond me. Maybe once upon a time it was something special but to day it looks and tastes like a has been place out of the 60s. As for this place " Forget about it"

• Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida
“Sunday treat”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great creative brunch choices(benedicts,huevos rancheros,pancakes) between 15-19 dollars. fresh squeezed OJ and OK java(could be stronger,please). Roomy, relaxed ,unhurried perfect for lazy Sunday. Walk to movies and shopping for after brunch activities.

Visited May 2014
“Great”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I love that their menu has interesting salads and mains as well as an Asian component. Drinks are tasty, food is always well prepared and service might be leisurely but why not?

Welling, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went here for dinner with a couple of colleagues when in NY on business. The restaurant has a real nice homely feel to it. Service was ok but food was excellent. I had the ribs. Would defintely visit there again. One of my colleagues has been there a few times before so came recommended

Visited May 2014