“Lousy food poorly perpared- A perfectly AWFUL restaurant!”

Spain Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4,749 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West Village
New York City, New York
“Lousy food poorly perpared- A perfectly AWFUL restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This restaurant has been around for a very long time, but I cannot imagine why. I met a friend for his birthday for drinks, and stayed for dinner, against my better judgment. My judgment was borne out. This place does not feel particularly clean. I ordered the veal in an almond sauce, which was too sweet and perfectly awful. I would not eat more than the first few bites. The fish and seafood dishes looked completely unappealing. I was sorry I went, could not wait to leave, and would not return under any circumstances.
Oh yeah, CASH ONLY!

• Visited July 2011

Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Spain - Enjoy the Sangria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

This was our last stop on an afternoon- evening wander through the west village.
We wanted a drink and some appetizers - tapas.
We were greeted by an elderly gentleman who showed us to a table in the front.
The decor was old. But we did not go there to eat the decor.
We ordered a pitcher of red Sangria and (4) appetizers - Fried Calamari ($7), Shrimp in garlic sauce, chicken livers and fried potato chips.
The bar area was empty. The main dining room was not very busy either. It was a Friday evening in August. The service was very attentive.
Food arrived quickly. It was very satisfying. I did not have the chicken livers. Those who did enjoyed them.
Prices were very reasonable. Food OK. Service was adequate but not overly-friendly.
BTW The Sangria was very refreshing.
Would I go back? Yes.

1 Thank FrugaltravelerGR
Delray Beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

Ok, so the place is off of the beaten path and doesnt look like much, but looks can be deceiving. My wife had been there with some friends a couple of years ago, and as we were in town for our aniversary, we had to go. We were with some friends from Brooklyn who know the area, but had never been before either.
We were immediately greated & seated in the large back room of the place and served appitizers and drinks before we could ask. Unbelievable service. Too many items to list. We each had the seafood paella for two (which could feed 4), a pitcher of sangria, and walked out paying $100 plus tip. Two boxes to take away too. Make the trip here if you are anywhere near the city. Its well worth it!!

1 Thank scmoose
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Go for the appetizers and the Paella Valenciana. They give you enormous amounts of food, excellent prices, and great...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

Go for the appetizers and the Paella Valenciana. They give you enormous amounts of food, excellent prices, and great service (though the restaurant seems a little dingy and outdated).

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love this place. If yer snobby, don't go. If you don't have cash, don't go. If you need upscale presentations to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

I love this place. If yer snobby, don't go. If you don't have cash, don't go. If you need upscale presentations to make teh food taste good, don't go.

if you want some damn good paella, pork chops, shrimp and lobster, with some great sangria too, do go.

and tip good, cuz it's cheap, and the waiters deserve it.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook