“Flavors exploding in your mouth”
Review of Lupa

Lupa
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between Houston and Bleecker Streets
Transit: B,D,F,V or A,C,E to West 4th St. 6 to Bleecker St. 1 to Houston St. R or W to Prince St.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had the two different pasta's of the day and the flavors were so powerful that we were inspired to try to copy the dish. Not sure if we can ever manage that... Got the place recommended from a colleague and it was well worth the visit. The wine list is extensive, but don't trust the sommelier. He said that the one we suggested was from a completely different region that it was and seemed to make up stories about the wine. The food was however so incredible that we didn't care.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I haven't been to many Mario Batali restaurants so I don't know how Lupa stacks up but I enjoyed my visit here overall.

It's a very relaxed environment so it's the kind of place you can just pop into on a whim (depending on crowds). We came for a late lunch so it was pretty quiet.

We travel to Italy quite a bit and the cacio e pepe here is really very good. They've probably taken a few liberties with the traditional preparation but it's for the better in my opinion. We also had the braciola which was extremely flavorful and seasoned well. The saltimbocca did nothing for me as I found it not to be faithful to the Roman style. It was much fussier and too salty. It was like being hit with a sledgehammer when a feather would do!

However, the Tartufo on the dessert menu is something I would travel a distance for! It really is spectacular and a step up from plain old ice cream. Next time I will refuse to share!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had gone here on a recommendation, but really would never go back. While the food itself is good and our waiter was knowledgeable, the whole feel of the place was rushed. Food came out too fast, and was lukewarm. Our table was crammed beside a walkway space and we were two inches from the table beside us. Our desert came out while we were still finishing our wine and the server (not the waiter) literally threw it on the table. We were shocked. Never have we encountered such rudeness. It felt like they wanted us out so they could turn the table in an hour and they got what they wanted -we left in an hour feeling extremely stressed by the whole experience.

3  Thank Janette L
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Soooo yum!! Especially this sweet corn pasta (forgot what its called!!) was soooo delicious i could have eaten 5 portions more!! Waitress recommended a white I had not had before and i loved it! Great little place, buzzing so you may have to shout a little but just so nice :)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

All I can say is that I had a great time seating at the bar with friends, drinking great wine and what makes it memorable is the dish Bucatini alla Amatriciana! it was soooooo DELICIOUS!