“Unique Lunch ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Peanut Butter & Co - CLOSED

Peanut Butter & Co
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: The Peanut Butter & Co. Sandwich Shop opened in 1998 and is the heart and soul of our business. Whether you're a college student looking for a quick PB&J in between classes, a Greenwich Village resident dropping by for a slice of our famous Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie in the afternoon, an Upper East Sider picking up some peanut butter cookies to much on while shopping in SoHo, or a visitor from out of town who wants to try our Death By Peanut Butter Sundae, we look forward to seeing you!
Greenfield, Indiana
“Unique Lunch ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place for us to try during our first trip to the city. My husband loves pb and unique sandwich combinations, and he was in heaven. Personally I loved the pb cookies!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cute little Place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Cute little Restaurant, if you love Peanut Butter this is for you, my daughter and I had the Elvis Sandwich,Yummy,Maple Peanut butter with bananas and Bacon,sounds different but it is soo good.

Long Island
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I, too, bought the Groupon, but didn't read the fine print about not being able to redeem it on a Saturday. Went to PB&J with the intention of redeeming my Groupon and having lunch there. The store was not crowded. 2 people behind the counter and no one waiting. They refused to redeem the coupon...bad business, since I left and did not order lunch. I told them I was from out if the area, but they didn't care. I returned my Groupon and got a credit and then went to Fairway and purchased 2 jars of PB&J PB for $7 less $1.10 in coupons! Poor business skills since we would have spent about $30 for 2 and ended up spending nothing and will not return.

• Visited October 2013
New York
“RUDE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have lived in the neighborhood for years and always wanted to give Peanut Butter and Company at try. I ran into a Groupon offer for four jars of peanut butter and felt this would be the perfect opportunity.

1) I had two separate Groupon vouchers (four jars each/total of eight jars). I was told I could use only one per visit. I respectfully understood and said I'd swing back by later in the day. He insisted that "per visit" was ONCE every 24 hours. I felt like he was making up the rule as we went along. There was nothing in writing that specified how much time between visits was necessary. And, really, what is the rationale about one coupon per visit in this specific case. It's jars of 'take out' peanut butter. Not, menu items ordered from the kitchen.
2) Before going to the store, I researched all the varieties of peanut butter online and was excited to pick my flavors. I'm giving jars as stocking stuffers this Holiday and had each family member (and their favorite flavor) in mind. But, I was not given a choice of flavors from the rack. They simply handed me a bag with four predetermined flavors. There was nothing in writing that specified I could not choose the flavors.
3) They wrote in big black letters "GRPN" on each jar....to cover up the scan code (I guess). But, the they more than covered up the scan code. It was huge! Such cute cars and muddied up with sloppy black marker. Giving them as gifts, it's even more inappropriate.
4) This is the worst part. The guy at the counter was SO rude. Condescending. I was looking forward to this cute, local Greenwich Village experience. But, really disappointed. He made me feel like a cheap, third class citizen.

As a advertising guy, my experience with Groupon is to bring customers (more importantly new customers) into the store. Yes, the Groupon offer is at a discount. But, it is a marketing investment on their part! It's sampling to a qualified audience that pays for itself with the 50% voucher. In my case, specifically, they were introducing their product to someone that lives around the corner, could be a candidate for future full-price purchases, is active in the community and has the ability to spread the message about the store.

Moving forward, I encourage the Peanut Butter and Company to embrace customers with Groupon vouchers and show appreciation for their business. Most important, use this opportunity to introduce these new customers to the menu, unique flavors, as well as unmatched charm of the store. They might consider, "So glad you're here. Have you been to the Peanut Butter and Company before? (If they have not). We'd love to tell you more about what makes us special. (If they have) Have you tried _____? It's one of my new favorites! Etc, etc". Educate and excite me about frequenting the store in the future....all full price.

Instead, with their many Groupon rules they were adamant to enforce, the rude young man at the counter and inconvenience of having to come back again (and again), they ended up selling me discounted peanut butter. And, that's it. That's the end of it...I wont be going back.

As I said, I have lived around the corner for 15 years and active in the community. I will be spreading the word about my disappointing experience. It was that bad...it really was.

Brisbane, Australia
“Don't go if you don't like peanut butter!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Crazy little place with friendly staff. Lots of peanut butter concoctions which makes it a fun place to go just to read the menu. Daughter had a Jerry Seinfeld bagel with lashings if PB and honey and cinnamon- yum- I had a peanut butter jelly shake and yes, it was delish too! Track it down and try it, especially if you have kids!