“Disaster-is stupid to eat here..”
Review of Bar Pitti

Bar Pitti
Ranked #2,247 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

do not understand why so many celebrities come here..
unfriendly..
bad food..
has nothing to do with italian food..
Boss (north italian) is focussed on make money..
NEVER AGAIN

1  Thank Cagdas E

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The atmosphere and the staff are so marvelous that the food and wine - which are very good by the way ( and I am Italian) - take second place.
I love this place!

L'atmosfera e il personale sono talmente fantastici da far passare il cibo (seppur davvero buono) in secondo piano!
Adoro questo ristorante!

1  Thank sarabjane
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Good food real italian, good drinks and good looking girls eating there.
I like to dine there. The know how to cook the pasta the way it should. It is small with an outdoor so better to book. I think is a place to visit. near the Village.
Frank

Reviewed July 1, 2014

On this restaurant you get good Italian food - It is very authentic. Expect Italian service and not american - Did not distract me the way I can see many on trip advisor have mentioned.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ate here last night before going to a concert at City Winery. Sat outside which was nice enough. That's where the niceness ends. After we were seated, a waiter brought over a blackboard and left it on a chair next to us with now explanation of the specials (which were all in italian). Different waiter came by to ask for our drink water, and looked totally annoyed when we asked for nothing but water. same water came back with a tiny plate of bread and looked aggravated while pouring some olive oil into a small bowl. Food came out very quickly. . However, the amount of food they give you is tiny, especially for the money they charge. My husband ordered one of the specials, veal scallopine; three 2" in diameter, paper thin pieces on the plate, couldn't have been more than an ounce of meat altogether. Ridiculous for the price. I asked for fresh ground pepper, it never showed. After clearing plates, didn't ask if we'd like to see dessert menu, and I certainly wasn't going to ask for it. Different waiter came by with the check. By the way, they don't take cards, CASH ONLY. Of all the different waiters and host we encountered, not one spoke more than a word to us, if at all. Very unfriendly staff overall, unless you happened to be fluent in Italian, in which case they stood by your table and chatted. Didn't get a single thank you the entire time from anyone. Wouldn't go back and give another cent to this place, especially when there's another restaurant right next door.

2  Thank janeonlongisland