“my favorite place for an Italian meal in NYC”
Review of Crispo

Crispo
Reserve with OpenTable
Crispo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Btw. 7th & 8th
Transit: Take the 1, 2, 3 Train to 14th St. & 7th Ave., proceed toward 8th Ave. Take the A, C, E Train to 14th St & 8th Ave., proceed toward 7th Ave. Take the L Train to 8th Ave., proceed toward 7th Ave.
Description: Chef and owner Frank Crispo opened Crispo Restaurant in the heart of Chelsea and the West Village in the summer of 2002. Our 150 seats create a lively, warm and friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy our signature Northern Italian cuisine. We were nominated in 2002 for "Best New Restaurant" by Time Out magazine, and received an award for "Best Spaghetti Carbonara" by New York Magazine in 2004. Food is not our only passion. Our extensive wine list covers the major regions of Italy and several other countries beyond. For enthusiasts, we have a full bar stocked with grappa, amaros, aperitifs and digestifs. Come join us for dinner in our main dining room, or in our outdoor garden space. It remains open year long. With this newest addition to Crispo Restaurant you will truly feel like you are not in New York.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Once lived down the block and couldn't believe how GREAT the food is!! It doesn't look impressive from the outside but the food is delicious - maybe my favorite place for an Italian meal in NYC (next to Eataly).

1  Thank Shiv G

Reviewed January 5, 2013

A friend who has a daughter living in this area raved about Crispo so we had to go. This is a lively exuberant place where friends come to eat. There were all sizes of gatherings. Why? The food is outstanding from the cauliflower appetizer that Crispo is known for (who would have thought) and risotto and mozzerella balls to the ravioli with truffle oil to the steak. The atmosphere was lively and packed but we made reservations the same day and arrived 30 minutes early and were seated immediately. Yes, it was loud but most tolerable and so Manhattan.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I were there with another couple last night.Great restaurant. Although it was packed they honored the reservation on time . That's important to me,as I hate having to wait an hour at some places because they overbooked the place. The place is a liilte loud ,but not terrible. The prices are certainly fair . Portions are also pretty large,and food comes out hot like it should. Pastas were all excellent. Brussell sprot app, zuuchini app,beet salad and risotto balls app. were all great. Go there .

Reviewed December 20, 2012

At first I was hesitant because I'm not a fan of Italian food BUT I'm glad I went. The food was excellent, the service was excellent. I would definately recommend this restaurant to visitors or friends. You must try the rice balls, brussel sprouts and the veal with wild mushrooms and an egg. Simply delish!!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Five of us, three 20 to 40 something's and two 70 something's had dinner last night. All were very impressed with the food selection and quality, drink choices and service. Ask for a table in the back room, I understand the roof opens in mild weather. Each table is a different height, the music is pleasant but not too loud to have a conversation. The antipasto was tasty and served promptly. The main courses took awhile, so I felt they were carefully prepared, and they were all tasty.

We each had a different selection and everyone was pleased with his/her choice.

The bill for all, including 6glasses of wine and a couple of other hard and soft drinks was $245.

The sentry door was a bit hard to find from the street, but the lathe sign makes the restaurant easy to find. I was able to find on street parking at 7 PM Sunday evening.