“Great to be back!”
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Mulino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #745 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: West 3rd, between Sullivan & Thompson
Transit: Take the A, B, C, D, E, F or V train to West 4th Street.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Used to go all the time when I lived in NYC a decade ago. Things are fancier and more expensive now but the food is still great and authentic and service is very friendly.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Il Mulino is a quaint restaurant that is a bit loud. The food was spectacular. They start out serving a few items compliments of the chef. They served zucchini with very small mussels and they served a delicious piece of parmesan cheese cut right out the wheel of cheese in front of you. The bread was crisp and tasty. I had the endive salad--very fresh and crisp followed by whole wheat pasta primavera--not on the menu but they made it for me and the vegetables were cooked perfectly and they were fresh and the pasta was cooked to perfection and just the way I had asked for it.

The service was so bad that I was waiting for Alan Funt to jump out and tell me that I was on Candid Camera, or that I was being punked. We waited 45 minutes to be seated, Once seated, no one brought over a menu. No one asked if we wanted drinks; we had to get up and keep asking for service. We were not impatient;it was just ridiculous. I got the feeling that the good service was reserved for the regulars. With that, in walks Beyonce and Jay Z. They sat at the next to us with a group of people. They did not wait for menus.

I would say that the food was so good that I was willing to overlook the poor service. Overall, the food was fantastic, the ambiance a bit loud and the service horrid. I will still highly recommend Il Mulino because the food was just that good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This long standing temple of traditional Italian food has never, ever disapointed me, or my guests.
The chef certainly knows how to treat the superb top quality ingredients that the regales the lucky few that know of this restaurants.
The food is delicious, the ambiance is casual, the wine list is up to the quality of the food, and the prices are very competitive.
The only thing is that they are super busy at dinner time, for this reason I try to go at lunch time, when I can enjoy a perfect meal without waiting for a table.
Just writing this review makes my mouth water!...

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Good food and people watching but so loud almost impossible to talk. Also, table for four so small very difficult to balance plates and glasses. Seemed very manic.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a large party and were luck to get in here just after New Year's. What a stroke of luck! A tremendous dining experience. The food was a 10, as was the wait staff. A must if you're in Manhattan!