“A New Favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Mulino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #700 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: West 3rd, between Sullivan & Thompson
Transit: Take the A, B, C, D, E, F or V train to West 4th Street.
Louisiana, Missouri
“A New Favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here over New Year's and absolutely loved the restaurant. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the food was delicious! The sommelier offered several wine choices that were actually below our price point. We greatly appreciated that and the wine was delicious! We will definitely be going back on the next trip and I have recommended it to my friends.

• Visited January 2013

Moscow
“Snobish staff, perfect food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

They tried to cancell my reservation done on OPENTABLE without any reasons... But I am persistant!
The food is excelent but a bit overpriced! But the staff behaves like they rule the all italian cuisine on Manhattan! Too many emploees for no reasons, to strange way in suggesting the menu (the waiter does not give you the cart till he tells the whole menu by heart, they also try to squeeze you for extra drinks at the entrance, etc.
But if you come through it - you will get excelent food!

Florence
“Very expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We tried the uptown restaurant. Fantastic meat at this great Italian restaurant. Careful if you order a "special" you should check the price! Fantastic food. They bring some tastes to start on the house!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bjk852
Keller, Texas
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Upscale, old world, authentic Italian cuisine. The food was fantastic, and the service was as good as it gets. It was expensive, but well worth it. A fabulous experience with friends and colleagues.

Visited December 2012
orlando, fl
“Il Mulino uptown is a nice addition to the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

At the recommendations of a friend, I tried Il Mulino while in NYC for a girls trip. We decided to go to their new location uptown and were very impressed by all aspects of the restaurant. We had a reservation and our table was ready for us at our reserved time. The restaurant decor is beautiful, more modern and up to date. It is dimly lit as others have mentioned but I personally think more light would ruin the ambiance of the restaurant. The service never faultered one time, our wine and water stayed full and everyone in the restaurant kept things moving. I had been warned about the free parm, bruschetta etc that they give and not to fill up on it, so I tried everything but wanted to save room for dinner. I had the spinach salad which was wonderful and then for dinner I had the Mushroom Ravioli with white truffle cream sauce and my friend had a chicken dish. The ravioli was almost heavenly and I enjoyed every bite. The chicken dish my friend had was quite a large portion and really could have fed two people. We finished our dinner with the ricotta cheesecake, I wasn't a fan but I never have like ricotta cheesecake so it wasn't a suprise (my friend did enjoy it though).
It was an expensive meal, but by far the best service and food we had in NYC.

• Visited December 2012