“Great Place”
Review of Alta

Alta
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #829 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Want great tapas buzzy atmosphere ??
Look no further
Situated in the Greenwich area of ZYC
Lovely place great food fantastic service brilliant
Just book it !!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is not easy to find. From it's Yelp location (wrong) to Google map (wrong) and no signage to boot.

Also beware - AMEX and cash only. I don't know how much Amex had to pay the owner to exclude Visa and MC, but I am sure it wasn't a small amount. It's a real PIA, as I gave up AMEX years ago and was forced to go to an ATM to get cash.

The setting is cozy and comfortable. Service is impeccable.

But the real draw here is the food: Perfectly sized tapas. original ideas, preparation, and freshness. Everything I tried was excellent. This place is a real gem.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you like fantastic food and excellent service definitely give Alta a shot. Whenever we get to NYC we try to make it here. The drinks are top notch as well. Our favorite dish is the brussel sprouts! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived early for our reservation and were asked to wait at the bar. The scene is clearly one for the younger generation (we are in our later 50's) The atmosphere is beautiful, we were seated upstairs. Interesting menu of many small dishes which we didn't exactly understand until we got them that this was the way it worked. The food was very interesting and very delicious...we had the fried artichokes, the bacon wrapped dates and olives, the sea bass, a salad and another dish. All interestingly spiced, nicely cooked. We also had desserts, I had the warm chocolate cake...All was good. We enjoyed it, the service was fine BUT...We planned to go to a movie and have a romantic evening..(yes, 50 somethings still plan to have romantic evenings!) BUT we ended up having such Gastrointestinal Distress that it killed our evening totally. I know it was the food as we both felt it and it made us wary of ever returning. Which was a shame because I had already been thinking about what other dishes I wanted to taste.....I wonder if anyone else had this happen to them after eating here...

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a reviwe only for the bar, as we waited for a friend that was very late, therefore we didn't get seated and were forced to find dinner somewhere else. The sangria was good, and the scene was good.