“14th Street Location-Absolutely great”
Review of Pink Teacup - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: West Village
Forest Hills, New York
“14th Street Location-Absolutely great”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came here with my friend and we used our groupon of two chicken and waffle dinners with two drinks. Based on yelp reviews I was expecting a rinky dink hole in the wall spot. The place wasnt run down or dirty at all. The decor was okay and could use an upgrade but not as bad as some of the reviews make it out. We had a great time at this spot and the staff were superfriendly. It's a small restaurant with tight seating and they could really use additional wait staff. My friend and I sat at the bar and chilled with our server/bartender Hermice who was truly a sweetheart. We laughed ate and drink and had a grand old time.

Now to the food, I ate every last piece of the chicken and waffles on my plate. I had the smothered chicken and thought I was in my mother's kitchen. It was delicous. My friend had the regular friend chicken that she loved. I also had the strawberry drink that was a bit sweet. My alcoholic friend (LOL) had the pink mojito that I tried and it was okay, too strong for me. She also had three glasses of champagne with strawberries.

They only take cash and they have an ATM available for your convenience. They had an Out of Order sign on their bathroom but the bathroom did work. The bathroom was very clean and I saw no problems. I will defintely return and enjoy some of that great food and amazing old skool R&B music

• Visited February 2013

new york city
“Not feeling very soulful with this Soul Food.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

After a much anticipated visit, I was disappointed with my dining experience. I'd been planning to go to this relocated restaurant since it moved around the corner from my apartment. I longed to reminisce tasty, soul food meal of the original Pink Tea Cup in the West Village on Grove street. Unfortunately, there is no atmosphere in the place. Service was slow and inattentive. Had the fried chicken and waffles. The chicken was well spiced but unfortunately had no thick, crunchy coating that goes so well with waffles and syrup. I had to put it on a separate plate to eat. The sweet potato waffle was the highlight of the dinner - dense and just sweet enough. Side dishes are over priced and small. Ordered a side of potato salad. We had to wait to get the waitresses' attention to remind her of our side dish order. All in all a disappointing evening. We will not be going back.

• Visited December 2012
South Pole
“Greatfully it closed”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

What a cesspool. Every morning you could watch the rodents scurrying in the dining area. Foul

Visited June 2012
New Rochelle, New York
“Chicken and waffles were like chewing cardboard!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I ordered the signature chicken and waffles with OJ and we were very disappointed. We each got 1 small, dense waffle and 1 piece of chicken. This dining experience was $38.00 dollars NOT well spent. Service was fine.

• Visited June 2012
Iowa City
“Warning Will Robinson, DANGER!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My family and I had the unfortunate experience to eat there. Plenty of seating for the Village and we found out why. My brother's meatloaf was spoiled(no charge). The Skinless fried chicken was the size of a pigeon, with NO crust. My sister and I ordered the "lobster mac" to share, which never came(I got it deduced from our bill). Their "sides" were disgusting and no french fries or potatoes of any kind. The bill was $80(incl.tip) for two poor meals.

• Visited June 2011