“Best GF Food in the Planet”
Review of Risotteria - CLOSED

Risotteria
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed December 27, 2012

So glad I found this restaurant. I finally got to eat a gf panini, something I haven't been able to enjoy since my wheat allergy. I even had a black & white cookie, another treat! They had a few gf beers and I ordered the dubbel dark. I was very disappointed to find that the bar across the street had the same beer for $6 less something I will remember for next time.
P.S. My husband also enjoyed this cozy eatery and ordered a regular panini which was delicious.
Wait until you try the bread sticks.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a small restaurant in the west village. Their risotto is pretty good. But they've been quite rude to us 2 times. 1st, we waited for a table for an hour, we were 3 people and they sat us to a small table for 2. If they've explained this before, we wouldn't wait for an hour to eat squeezed at one small table. 2nd, they say that they don't split the check, so you either pay cash or credit card. They said that it's their policy, a policy that I've never heard before in nyc. So it's a good restaurant for a couple, but not for a group. Because what you really buy is not just food but a good experience over all.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently enjoyed a nice lunch at this establishment. It's very small inside but we were able to sit at the bar space and eat. It appeared to be a gluten free establishement with pizza's, risotto, etc on the menu. The wine list is small, and based on other area restaurants on the expensive side based on the quality. I started off with a small ceasar salad was good, pretty basic. We both had the chicken and pinenut risotto and it was perfect! Creamy, cooked perfectly and a sizeable portion. The service was good, we never ran out of anything.
I would recommend this restaurant to someone wanting a quick meal (I will say it's not cheap, but two people could share one risotto and each get their own small side salad.)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughters are intolerant to gluten and other foods, so we went to this restaurant due its gluten free menu. We were a bit disappointed with the range of choices and the pizzas were disappointing. The chef also could not tell us what was in the meals so we could see if my girls could eat it. Would not go back again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband, mother in law and myself stumbled upon this restaurant and we instantly thrilled! My husband is gluten intolerant and never gets to have bread sticks or tiramisu at a restaurant. Well, not here. They had everything gluten free from great entree choices to beers to desserts! My husband was in heaven. The staff was extremely helpful and enthusiastic about being at work, which is a rare thing to find. If we ever get back to NYC, this is a must stop for us.

1  Thank RedAgue