“And the others liked it TOO”
Review of Risotteria - CLOSED

Risotteria
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed November 20, 2012

So the rest of you celiac's sufferers know the look on your family's face when it's time to choose a restaurant. They're much happier if THEY pick the restaurant and you eat around the problem. FINALLY I found a place that THEY will choose because they like it (and I don't have to salivate over the bread basket or wonder if they really mean flourless in the chocolate cake.) I recommend the risotto for all, and no need to even make suggestions about the gluten free menu. It's very good. I didn't love the breadsticks, but that's because i remember bread. My kids didn't know they were gluten free and LOVED them. You can also buy take home stuff--their cupcake and bread mixes. A huge plus.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Wow - what a place, service was brilliant and the food was out of this world...... as a coeliac trying to find good places to eat can be a nightmare - but wow Gluten Free Breadsticks, Pasta and Pizza's - amazing.....not to mention cakes such as Carrot and Apple Pie ....... just wish I was in NY longer to try everything. Also to top it all they sell mixes - so have packed Carrot Cake and Brownie mix. Thanks to everyone at Risotteria in helping make my stay in NY so special....

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Heaven for GF and Pizza lovers. Next time will try the Risotto's specials which I'm sure are excellent as well

Reviewed October 18, 2012

While walking in Greenwich Village we came across the Risotteria. I was intrigued by the idea of a Risotto Bar - as I love risotto, so we checked it out. Wasn't aware it was also a gluten free restaurant (no big deal to me). The gluten-free breadsticks were ok and I would suggest you not order a soda as it just a tiny bottle for $3 (not worth it). There are a variety of different risottos which makes sure there is something for everyone. Ordered the classic cheese one. The flavor was good but the risotto was not quite cooked enough. Probably would have been great had it been properly cooked. Place is tiny and one person has to sit on a bench with no back support next to the window. Also, they will not split checks which seems ridiculous, cause I could have just sat at the next table and they would have. I will never understand that. Overall, an ok experience.

1  Thank SRB2175
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I found this restaurant mentioned in a blog and knew I had to go there. I ate myself silly, everything was so delicious. I hadn't had a crouton in over a year and their gluten free croutons were amazing. I also had a pannini (I haven't had a sandwhich in over a year either) and it was to die for. Their gluten free breadsticks were also very good. Even my non celiac friend thought they were tasty. I wish we had one in Seattle, if I ever find myself in NY again I will most definitely be eating at Risotteria!