“BondSt - Drinks and sushi”
Review of Bond Street

Bond Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Bond Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #769 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
Description: BONDST, located in NoHo, is a trendy downtown restaurant with a warm minimalist interior design. The cuisine is new Japanese with European and Asian influences. BONDST is Citysearch's 2007 and 2008 audience award winner for Best Sushi in NYC, as well as the 2008 audience award winner for Best Martini in NYC.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We came here for good sushi but were more impressed with the drinks and service. We sat at the bar first for a drink before being seated. The bartender was so helpful, even making his own drink at the request of one of our group. I couldn't decide what to order so he made me sample of the Ginger Dragon, which was delicious. My friend also had the Shishito Jalapeño Margarita which was very spicy and tasty. My husband ordered a second Toasted Barley Old Fashioned because it was so good. You must try the Big Eye Tuna Tart, but ask for the special salt that you put on top. Very tasty. The waitress was at our table often and we never needed to ask for anything.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This restaurant was good and the sushi was also good (Big Eye Tuna Tart was best and the veggie rolls were good), but the best by far was the bar and the drinks. They were delicious! The bartender was excellent and even made some of his own concoctions for our group. Would definitely just go to have a few drinks.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The recommendations by the waiter and the sushi were fantastic. I also liked the pleasant atmosphere and the attentive service - definitely a recommendation!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

A friend showed us (me and my girlfriend) this place as we were visiting New York City. Definitely one of the best dining experienced I've had. Had no reservation so had to wait for more or less an hour but that was fine as the bar had excellent drinks and sake to offer. Food was great, tuna tarte is a must when you go to New York City and service was excellent.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I heard from a friend that this is a very good Japanese place. I was skeptical at first since I know Japanese food in Japan. The selection of fishes was above average, but they lacked any seasonal Japanese fish. The negitoro maki had a slight fishy smell and taste, which I give a poor rating. The tuna was average NY small bodied bland variety. The hamachi, scallop, uni, and lobster sashimi were good and fresh. All in all average for a Asian fusion joint and I'll try a real Japanese next time. P.s. There were no Japanese eating there which tells you something.