“Wonderful food served by people who couldn't care less!”
Review of Bond Street

Bond Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Bond Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #645 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
Description: BONDST, located in NoHo, is a trendy downtown restaurant with a warm minimalist interior design. The cuisine is new Japanese with European and Asian influences. BONDST is Citysearch's 2007 and 2008 audience award winner for Best Sushi in NYC, as well as the 2008 audience award winner for Best Martini in NYC.
“Wonderful food served by people who couldn't care less!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If I were judging this restaurant on its food alone it would undoubtedly get a five blob rating. We decided to have a large selection of appetisers and skip the main course; and we had some fabulous dishes - in particular the tuna tartare and the foie gras were outstanding.

Sadly, the food was not matched by the service, which was extremely disappointing, particularly as they charge fine dining prices. As regular visitors to New York we've got used to enthusiastic service, so we were perplexed by the waiting staff at Bond St who seemed aloof and uninterested. At first we thought it was our particular waitress - but after watching her colleagues we concluded that, whilst she was undoubtedly the worst offender, they all seemed beset by the notion that cool and detached was better than friendly and engaged.

The chef and his team are clearly excellent - the front of house team should be sacked and replaced by people who care about their customers!

Surrey
“Wonderful food spoilt by aloof and indifferent service”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If I was the chef at Bond st I would sack my waiting staff.

A great review demands 3 things, good food, a fun atmosphere and excellent staff. Sadly this restaurant with some of the finest fusion food I have tasted embarrassingly lacks in service.

The clientele, mainly youngsters under the age of 30, possibly are impressed by the indifferent service, but those of us who have eaten the world over believe that one of New york's strengths is it's understanding that service is key to a customers enjoyment of their dining experience. Not only was our waitress aloof (reminiscent of the worst waiting skills in London) but she tried to persuade us to have the most expensive wine on the menu and seemed fairly relaxed when we left her very little by way of a tip. The rest of the serving staff weren't much better. Most seemed more interested in their 'beautiful' appearance than in checking their customers were happy. All the male staff have obviously been taught to walk with their hands behind their backs - I guess to improve their posture, but actually it makes them look rather intimidating.

I'm sad and rather angry that a chef who is obviously so talented is being so badly served by the front of house. Change this and this will be a great restaurant, for now it is only mediocre.

1 Thank lagomaggiore2013
Milan, Italy
“Nothing special”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice Location, great service but the food is nothing special. Much better is blue ribbon or sushi Ann. Very small table and too close to each other.

Los Angeles, California
“So Outstanding”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was SUCH an unexpected treat!! I had heard good reviews of Bond on ASW, but had no plans to go. My first night in New York, friends invite me to join them at...yes....Bond.
We ordered a large platter of sushi to be of the Chet's choosing as there were five of us,.( and yes, the chef is from Nobu) We were all very traveled and discerning bunch; one from Montreal, one from Paris, one from Switzerland, one from Sao Paolo and myself. All of us were RAVING. What a fantastic dinner for my first night in the city.

• Visited November 2012
St David's, Saint George's, Bermuda
“Total Satisfaction - Fresh, Fun and Creative Sushi Spot”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Bond Street was recommended by a friend for sushi. My sister was visiting with me in NYC and has a strong affinity for sushi. We were nearby at a Starbucks and found it without any problem however the outside gives no indication of the culinary delights inside.

We had no reservation and were seated at the sushi bar in a back room. At first I was going to ask for a table and am glad I didn't press for one when seated. There were at least 8 sushi chefs who gave a fantastic show of preparing orders received. The chefs were all very personable and clearly enjoying their responsibilities with flair. The couples on both sides of us were regulars and expressed their fondness for the establishment.

The duck foie gras was amazing and a surprise to see on the menu. The tuna tartar is another must do. Everything from sashimi to rolls was a delectable. This is a definite fine gem in downtown manhattan and worth a visit. The presentation and creativity is unparalleled to many other places we've been to. This made my earlier dining experience at Nobu pale in comparison. Even a non sushi lover could find a good selection with the beef wagyu and other offerings.

• Visited November 2012