“My favourite restaurante in Soho”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French, European, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: SoHo
Tenerife, Spain
“My favourite restaurante in Soho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Must eat place in SoHo . It is a bit pricey, but hey it's SoHo, what can you expect? It is worth every penny though. The food is amazing, . The atmosphere is very "New York" and classical. Make sure to make reservations since this eatery is very popular not only among the locals but the travelers as well.A must for brunch too, trendy and fun. Get the pastry and bread basket and eggs Benedict TO DIE FOR .Their bakery is right next door to the restaurant if you want some treats, plently to choose from !! .

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
“Didn't Want To Leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just superb. Awesome food. Friendly, efficient and knowledgable service. Incredible atmosphere. My wife and I started with the escargot and goat cheese tart for appetizers. Then both had the steak aux frites. Our server recommend wire pairings by the glass. All excellent. If my wife hadn't insisted on leaving after almost 3 hours, I might still be there. Savouring every moment.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SunFunFamily
Adelaide
“Vacation in NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our first visit with our daughter & her husband who rave that this is one of their favourites.Not disappointed either.Started with delicious cocktails & then variety of entrees lovely,! The roasted ribs were recommended as melt in your mouth and they are. Great attentive service. Extensive wine list but a bit overwhelming as all French wine and listed under provincial areas. Delicious desserts. Thoroughly recommended. Noisy but bustling atmosphere. Nothing was too much trouble

• Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“We came for the Eggs Benedict”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

My sister woke up one morning and said "I want to have the best Eggs Benedict in New York". So I Googled away and Balthazar was on top of the list that a local blogger had written. Since a local recommended it, we took a Subway over to Balthazar to decide it for ourselves.

The atmosphere and decor gets an A+. It was very busy at 9.30am. Food selection was excellent. My sister and I had the eggs benedict and my husband had the Norwegian. Both dishes were excellent and worth the money (from memory they were about $22 per dish). I also got an order of the chocolate bread and that was the only real disappointment of our entire visit.

It was lovely to visit Balthazar. It felt like we had a genuine NY experience - we were amongst the locals and experienced a classy establishment.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank patriciaofoz
Mexico City, Mexico
“One of my favourite Restaurants ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Balthazar is just amazing. There is nothing excellent in the menu. For lunch uou have to have the duck. Las time I was for dinner. I had the salmon and it was impeccable. The bread was great, the butter, the service. Obviously you have to make a reservation, dont expect to come and sit down inmediately. Sometimes the wait goes up to 2 hours. And I will say. Its worth the wait.