“We came for the Eggs Benedict”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Neighborhood: SoHo
Brisbane, Australia
“We came for the Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My sister woke up one morning and said "I want to have the best Eggs Benedict in New York". So I Googled away and Balthazar was on top of the list that a local blogger had written. Since a local recommended it, we took a Subway over to Balthazar to decide it for ourselves.

The atmosphere and decor gets an A+. It was very busy at 9.30am. Food selection was excellent. My sister and I had the eggs benedict and my husband had the Norwegian. Both dishes were excellent and worth the money (from memory they were about $22 per dish). I also got an order of the chocolate bread and that was the only real disappointment of our entire visit.

It was lovely to visit Balthazar. It felt like we had a genuine NY experience - we were amongst the locals and experienced a classy establishment.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank patriciaofoz

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Mexico
“One of my favourite Restaurants ever”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Balthazar is just amazing. There is nothing excellent in the menu. For lunch uou have to have the duck. Las time I was for dinner. I had the salmon and it was impeccable. The bread was great, the butter, the service. Obviously you have to make a reservation, dont expect to come and sit down inmediately. Sometimes the wait goes up to 2 hours. And I will say. Its worth the wait.

amman
“Magnificent”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First time to go there but loved it. Started with salad that was great and then had the fish baked in salt that was also good. They treat you well and price was not exaggerated.

Visited April 2014
Milano
“Good for breakfast, awesome for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The best choice in Soho. Good for breakfast, you can ejoy a basket with different breads and jams or eggs or whatever you prefer. Escargot for lunch and a good choice of fresh fish for dinner. Perfect for a bit of vip watching too ;-)

• Visited October 2013
“Blah. Bland. Boring.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast, the food was ordinary, the coffee was terrible. I'm not sure why it's so popular. The service was efficient as most places are in New York, they weren't very friendly. It wasn't that great an experience, I wouldn't come again. We came because it was one of the few places opened before 10am.

Visited April 2014