“Be prepared to wait some time to get a table - very popular!”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Ranked #172 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stumbled on this restaurant whilst walking around the Broadway area - what a lucky find!! It was a lunchtime and the place was full and they were taking a waiting list. I was lucky and did not have to wait too long. I had the french onion soup which, I have to say, is the best I have tasted - they most certainly did not hold back on the cheese - wonderful. I had a glass of Riesling to accompany this and it too was very good. For the main I tried the lobster linguine accompanied by a glass or two of Cote du Beaune....quite delicious! They have daily special which today - Friday - was Bouillabaisse which i noted on other tables - it looked fabulous.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,487)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We loved this restaurant! The zinc bar is beautiful and the French 75 cocktails were a big hit! This place is very crowded. Our table was right in the middle of the restaurant with a great view of the bar. The food was good. Not my favorite meal ever but it was ok. The atmosphere is just so fun. We will absolutely go back next time we're in NYC.
On a side note... We came home to Atlanta and went to dinner 2 days after being at Balthazar. We went to Bistro Nikkos. I'm sitting at their lovely bar and admiring the bar itself. It's also made of zinc. The bartender said it was copied from their sister restaurant THE BALTHAZAR in NYC! So a little piece of the Big Apple in the ATL. Fun!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

ok, this is Balthazar, how you can not go there??but it is alwaysss sooooo crowded, try to have a reservation in advance. love the food , the French onion soup is one of my favorites and the oysters. the decoration is like old French bistro, and brunches are amazing .

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Love, Love love this place. I have been to Balthazar numerous times when I visit NYC. Every time I have taken guests, we have had a fantastic meal. The wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Every entree I have orderd has been delicious! My favorite aspect is the ambience large mirros and a tin roof give it an old world, but comfortalbe and casual feel,. The restuarant is always busy and I highly recommend reservations!!!

1  Thank Mansion77
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Best brunch in New York City. Top quality service with excellent food. It is an absolute must if ever visiting the city!