“Fantastic Breakfast”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We got lucky and got reservations for breakfast on Christmas Day 2013. Simple things as eggs done so well is an art. The staff was attentive and the coffee flowed freely. the breads are made on the premises and the place takes one back to any cafe in Paris.
Bit on the pricy side but well worth endulgence!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,487)

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Super noisy place but it's so so wonderful and so alive with a great menu and delicious food
Oyster lovers this is a good pace for u

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Balthazar is my favorite restaurant in New York so I always make a reservation as soon as I book for my flight to New York to make sure I get a table because I don't like to wait for a table. We used to walk in and wait for our table that is why I always make a reservation before we show up at Balthazar.

One of the reasons why I like Balthazar is the food. Almost every dish on their menu is my kind of food, starting oysters, plateaux de mer, steak tartare, onion soup, all salad dishes, mussels, and more. I never had a bad meal at Balthazar almost always very satisfied. By the way, their bread is fantastic.

The service is also very professional and friendly.

I just love this place.
Balthazar is a wonderful place to be.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I spent New Years Eve at Balthazar, one of our favorite restaurants in New York. It is a quintessential French bistro style place with very good food, great ambiance, excellent service and a very good wine list. While the night was very pricey with a fixed price dinner at $200 per head, it felt very festive. One caveat, if there is something on the fixed menu that you can't or won't eat, no substitutions are possible. We are allergic to shellfish and we were told that we should enjoy the bread on the table and that course would be skipped. Regardless, this sot is always a great time and I would highly recommend. One suggestion is to order wine from the wine list and not from the short champagne menu, that was way too expensive.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We heard about this restaurant from a several friends and decided to give it a try. We made a reservation for a dinner on a Friday night and were glad we did - the restaurant was very busy but we were quickly seated by staff. The atmosphere was excellent inside and even though the staff were busy we never felt ignored or that they were under pressure.

All of the food we ate was delicious, especially the Duck Confit. The wine list was very extensive and reasonably priced with a good range of prices.

1  Thank jahoran