“Great service!”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Neighborhood: SoHo
austin tx
“Great service!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went for a late lunch, sat at the bar and had the mussels. Get them! I was sitting by myself, was super entertained by the bartenders and stayed for a couple hours. Great time.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Leightx1

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“oh my gosh....get the steak!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I messed up and got the soup and foie gras mousse....hubster made the best choice....THE STEAK!!!!....I seldom rave about steak, but their steak is prepared so fabulously ... seared to a crunchy crust on the outside and warm and tender on the inside....setting is delightful...reservation required.

Visited October 2013
Seattle,
“Good, not great”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went here for dinner by myself and while there was no chance of me getting a table the bartender graciously squeezed me in after a brief wait. I tried their foie gras mousse and steak tartare. Both were satisfying and went well with their house lager but were otherwise unremarkable. I think most of the appeal is in the loud and crowded dimly lit high ceiling dining room. Glad I went but do not need to return.

Bogota, Colombia
“On top...but with blemishes”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

In a city that receives 40 millon visitors a year it is understandable that reservations are difficult, specially in iconic sites such as Balthazar. Even though we had firm reservations, we were made to wait 30 minutes and then were offered the WORST table at the house, right next to the entrance with all clients looking for sitting on top of us. We did not accept it and were given a more decent table shortly afterwards. Having said that, food continues to be top although to our deep regret they were out of the 'fish for two'; the wine list enviable and reasonably priced; and desserts generous and magnificent. Prices for food are on the high side, but the quality of the meal is even more on the high side. We will return, but on a trial basis as we refuse, with confirmed reservations, to be mistreated for a second time.

Seattle, Washington
“Nice french-style brunch and never miss their bakery”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like their brunch. Overall, quite good. Worth trying from time to time. However, the quality versus price cannot be the best in NYC. The thing I wouldn't miss is their bakery. My favorites are cookies, especially oatmeal cookies, which are the best.