“Another great experience here”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Always a great choice if you are a French Brasserie fan. Brunch was delicious. Omelette perfectly cooked. Place is a zoo: crowded, noisy, cramped, but that's part of the experience. If I am in the SoHo area I MUST have at least one meal here.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,598)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food is always great here. This is great French bistro food. They have great fries, mussels, steaks, chicken, etc. The desserts are out of this world. The profiteroles with chocolate sauce are especially delicious.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Came here for Brunch on a Saturday while visiting NYC for the first time. Wasn't really impressed. Service was not what I expected compared to the other restaurants in NYC. By the time a server came back to our table- who gave us a hot chocolate instead of a coffee, which we were trying to correct-our food had already been served. I guess my expectations were too high for this being one of the top rated restaurants (food and service wise). I had the scrambled eggs in a puff pastry with asparagus and wild mushrooms and I hate to say it but I have had better brunch items elsewhere. I probably will not come back or recommend this place to others traveling to NYC. Maybe the lunch/dinner is better?

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This very busy eatery is still servicing the best food in the area. We never come to New York without having lunch here. You need to be on the safe side and book.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had lunch here as it was recommended to us. The decor is French in style but without little touches that give a place atmosphere which was a little disappointing. We found the food was a little expensive for what is was. Service was rushed as it was busy. A little overrated in my view.