“Culinary Orgasm !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Ok to be honest I like good food, and I'm exigent.
I took a simple chiken parma, .. But it was cleraly amazing !
You understand how good it is when you see all the photos of famous artists on the wall, thank warmly the owner (Rhianna, Lionel Richie, Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp... )
You'll not be disapointed !

1  Thank Stephane D

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went for lunch before flying home, the place was empty, but given all the reviews I wanted to go, it was a mistake.
I wanted the meatballs, but the weren't on the menu and we weren't offered them as a special, but some other people came in and they were..after I had finished eating.
I had the ravioli, which was average at best, not al dente and a bit watery.
The food took ages to arrive, which probably meant it was made fresh, but it still took way to long.
Try it for dinner, but don't go for lunch, at least midweek.

1  Thank browny0508
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Emilio Ballato's is located on the outskirts of Little Italy in NYC at 55 Houston St. Long a favorite haunt of locals, excellent reviews have made it a destination when visiting downtown NYC. If you are a fish lover and it is available we all agreed that the sea bass was among the finest we ever ate. The broccoli rabe is not for the faint of heart with a good dose of hot pepper. An evening's special of spaghetti and meatballs featured meat that was as tender and tasty as I've ever eaten. The place is a find, for sure!

1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had great food and perfect service! Lovely place to go, if you are looking for some nice and homemade itallian food.
The atmosphere is authentic and complememts the food in a nice way.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Quaint Italian in a tucked away place. Definitely worth the trip. Only about 11 tables in the place, but took the advise of other reviewers and could not be more satisfied! A must do!!!

1  Thank Jason450r