“1st Night in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tribeca Grill

Tribeca Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tribeca Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: corner of Franklin
Transit: 1 train at Franklin St
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“1st Night in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this for our first night in New York and it was a treat! It was quite quiet but there was atmosphere, we booked for 7.30pm the staff were friendly and attentive. I didn't like where we sat too much on a bench type seat, only because I have a dodgy back. I had the sword fish which was excellent and my husband had the steak which he said was the best he ever tasted. I wasnt too keen on the Black Forest cheesecake the base was too hard and wasn't as black foresty as I expected. There is lots of DeNiro memorabilia on the way to the loos downstairs if you like that thing. The meal cost us about $170 inc tip for a main course 1 dessert and about 2/3 drinks.

Visited November 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
“The Perfect Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I was meeting with colleagues at the film center next door and three of us had lunch here. Beautiful place with just enough of a crowd (on a Tuesday) to keep things interesting yet not too loud. We had a nice table in the back. Service was excellent with particular attention given to a member of our party with a food allergy. All of our meals were excellent. Not cheap but good value for the money. Will return the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Cheshire
“Excellent food but very very noisey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had wanted to try this place for some time so visited on a surprise birthday trip for my wife. As this was our first dinner out in NY I had little to compare it to. We had Crab cakes and Mushroom Pierogi for starters followed by Scallops and Pork Chops. The food was excellent the service was very good but as I said you could hardly hear yourself speak for the noise f fellow dinners.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“brilliant evening...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I were visiting New York and a relative had recommended the Tribeca Grill; we booked online before leaving England.

This evening we turned up for dinner and had a BRILLIANT evening!

The food was stunning; my wife had the beef and I had New york strip steak - both were cooked to perfection. We shared bottle of Melbec which was Devine and not too expensive; the service was first class - very retentive staff who were great fun.

Desert was superb ( for me!) as the cremebrule was to die for. My wife's cheesecake distinctly average..

On the whole I'd give the Tribeca Grill 95/100. Deforestation recommended..!!!

Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cozy, good food and wine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

very friendly staff, limited choice but good food and wine. if you are in tribeca, why not to be there!