“Sat Evening Dinner”
Review of Tribeca Grill

Tribeca Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tribeca Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #328 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: corner of Franklin
Transit: 1 train at Franklin St
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good atmosphere, great food. Excellent service
Cool bar area. Not sure I would go back again as was not amazing , amazing but I would imagine very consistent . Great pics of movie stuff on the way to loos…
Lots of middle aged people and family parties going on not too young.

There are newer reviews for Tribeca Grill

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We just ate here on October 15 with a group of 8 people. The service was top-notch. Everyone's meals came at the same time, everything was presented beautifully and I got the scallops which were perfection on a plate. I never needed to ask for a refill on my water or anything - the service was impeccable. This was a delightful evening and I enjoyed it and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Frog and I were a bit stuck for somewhere to eat and the Tribeca Grill came to mind. Within minutes we had a table which I made me feel strangely suspicious..

It’s a big old space which feels more like a movie set than a restaurant. We had a table for two against the back wall. The table was just too big, we were just too far away from each other – Tribeca Grill is famously noisy so we couldn’t hear each other either. I almost felt I should hold hands with the person sitting to my right except I had never met them before so it might have been a bit weird...

This would be a good place for:- large parties - they seemed to be having the most fun, giants with big ears, non confidential work deals....

The Frog had lobster bolognese which shouldn’t really exist; it was over powering and rather unremarkable.

I had the Ricotta Ravioli because the dish I wanted came with leeks and I don’t like leeks. It was extremely well presented but didn’t taste of much.

We both felt we had ticked the box of the Tribeca Grill so skipped dessert and escaped into the night....

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had this restaurant on our 'to do' list when we visited NYC. We loved the busy, lively atmosphere. The scallops in my dish were perfectly cooked and the combination of ingredients complimented one another. My companions were equally pleased with their meals.
We had four desserts. My favourite was the chocolate cake, my companions, the fried bananas in a pastry shell. The wine we chose was as good as we expected. We would definately go there again when in NYC. Loved the place!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found the restaurant online. We were meeting son and friends who were coming into the city for to visit with us and wanted a restaurant with good reviews. Tribeca Grill did not disappoint!
The service we received was excellent. The food wonderful.
They have an extensive wine list. A pleasant surprise was in discovering they carried a favorite wine that is not available in our state anymore.
We'd made reservations, as we were eating on a Friday night, but I believe they can accommodate a few walk-ins? Best to make your reservations if you want to be assured a seating.
They offer a check service as you walk in to hold coats, hats, and purchases made while walking, shopping in the city.
The decor, lighting, and again the excellent service made for a perfectly enjoyable evening.
Be sure to notice the many artworks around the walls and as you proceed to the restrooms.