“Tasty”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Old fashioned restaurant with an extensive menu of Spain-ish standards. So good we went back for lunch the next day!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Spain and you cannot get better Spanish food in NYC then here.
It is consistently good and the portions are huge( enough for 2
people to share)
The price is right and great for dates .

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My favorite restaurant for Mariscada with Green Sauce. The paella is also delicious, Delicious food, larger portions, great service, great ambiance and sangria is delicious. Not an inexpensive meal but well worth it.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Whenever we travel to NYC, one of our regular restaurant stops has been to El Faro's, a Spanish restaurant in the West Village. Unfortunately, El Faro's is no more, so we went in search of a replacement. Most of the reviews of Sevilla were positive so we gave it a try. We were a party of 7, so we shared a number of different appetizers including Garlic Shrimp, Shrimp in White Sauce, Gazpacho, grilled calamari and asparagus. The shrimp and calamari dishes were very good. The gazpacho was just okay, nothing special. For dinners we tried the 2 different paellas, one mariscada [shellfish] in green sauce and a pork dish. Personally, I can report that the mariscada was good, but again, not great. Everyone who had the paellas liked them and the pork dish was reported to be good as well. Each of these dishes were really enough for 2 people, and even then, with left overs. So, would I return to Sevilla? Probably, but it is not the special place that El Faro's had always been.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We came here after reading the good reviews. Very nice ambience nice and noisy, there is nothing worse than a quiet restaurant! It was full but we sat and had a drink at the bar until we were seated. I had grilled calamari to start and my partner had deep fried calamari. Huge portions arrived so we only needed to have ordered one portion! Then I had chicken in garlic sauce and my partner had paella. Mine was great but the paella was disappointing, served in a casserole dish not a paella pan and not authentic I am afraid to say. Cannot beat the great paella made in oropesa, or even mine!

If you want to save money I suggest you order both starter and main to share as there is plenty for two.