“Nice restaurant with spanish food”

Sevilla Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1,544 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We got the recommendation for this restaurant from an New Yorker at Copenhagen Airport on our way to NYC.
It's a quite small family restaurant, with a nice atmosphere.
We had the paella, which was very good.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stumbled across this place after Hurricane Sandy had swept through New York. The food seems quite authentic, but it is overpriced, and the staff are less than attentive.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I agreed to eat lunch at Sevilla because it was my friend's favorite place to eat when she comes in town. Personally, I was not impressed. The service was not outstanding since I found myself wondering if I should get the waiter's attention to place my order. Eh-hem, the place was almost empty at the time and we were waiting for more than 10 minutes to be attended to.
I ordered the African Lobster Tail in green sauce. The lobster was delicious. It only came with yellow rice or potato. I needed more than that to be impressed. My pocket change was not enough for an extra side.
I'm a foodie, so I didn't mind trying this place for the first time, but from one foodie to another...this was not the best, but it was worth the try.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I "stumbled" upon this restaurant over 35 years ago. I have since lost touch with my friend, but I continue the tradition of coming to Sevilla. Flashback to the 70's and the atmosphere was totally different: tables set so close together you could join in the conversation at the next table by just turning your head, everyone smoked so lend in that haze, and, oh, the sangria!! Throw some 19 year olds into the mix and what fun we had! My favorite time was going with a large group so we could all share what we ordered.....it was perfect: great food, good wine and having fun.

These days I visit Sevilla with my husband, children and grandchildren..Paella Valencia is always the favorite. The depth of flavor in the rice let's you know they actually cooked it in the fish stock..as opposed to other places that throw everything together at the last minute..and it tastes like they did. From the stuffed mushrooms, the grilled calamari, the fried potatoes and croquettes...what's not to love. Funny thing...some of the waiters have been there since I began going and have actually mellowed out..but it could be I've matured.

We try to avoid peak hours these days because of the crowds.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A friend in our party of four had visited Savilla's in the past and sought it out on this particular trip. Between the four of us, we had two bottles of an amazing wine, garlic soup appetizer, manchego cheese, and olives; in addition to the baskets of crusty bread and salad that were brought to the table. My colleagues had lamb (fantastic!), paella (over the top fantastic), and some type of chicken dish (also very good). I had to stick with my Spanish omelet (tortilla espanola), which I love - and it did not disappoint!
The place was packed (on a Sunday night), but the service was good and the food was amazing. I loved the small-corner restaurant as well as the older waiters.
Overall an amazing experience - will visit again!