“Great Italian Food”
Review of Villa Mosconi

Villa Mosconi
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Mosconi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,499 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Bleeker St. and Houston St.
Description: Villa Mosconi is a family-run restaurant located in the heart of New York City’s historic Greenwich Village. The restaurant has been serving the same great food under the guidance of the Mosconi family since 1976 at the same location on MacDougal Street between Bleecker and West Houston streets. The restaurant offers superb authentic Northern Italian cuisine that reflects the family’s origins in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had dinner at this restaurant on a recent busy Saturday night. What a great experience! Our waiter was a true professional and seemed to really enjoy serving us. He was very helpful about the menu and how dishes were prepared. He told us we could pretty much have anything we wanted and have it prepared any way we wanted it. From our appetizers to our dinners, the food was amazing. Real old world Italian but certainly not production line. Each dish seemed to be hand crafted and had some local touch to it. In our group, the dinners included veal, fish and pasta dishes. Each of us remarked how pleased we were with our dinners. With regard to wine, while they had a pretty good wine list with some reasonably priced quality wines, I asked the waiter about the house chianti and he said it was good. We ordered a carafe that was much cheaper than chianti I saw on the wine list and it was great. We actually wanted more and were about to order a half carafe. All in all, Villa Moscone was a great place to have dinner in Greenwich Village

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I asked the concierge of our hotel to recommend an Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village, and she recommended Villa Mosconi. I was very happy that she did! It was so refreshing to find a friendly restaurant that had the combination of great food and great service. I took some of my adult children, and it was a nice experience for them to see how a restaurant should be run. One of my daughters had been to Italy a few months ago, and she remarked that being at Villa Mosconi was just like being in Italy. We had a wonderful time, and would recommend this restaurant for a great dining experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I just went here for my birthday dinner, and was very impressed. We started with drinks at the bar, including a glass of limoncello - mmmm. Once we sat, our waiter was fun and friendly, telling us we couldn't order unless we attempted to pronounce our entrees. =) I started with the carciofo al forno, which was incredible. Then I had gnocchi with alfredo sauce. And, since it was my birthday, I got a treat of cheesecake as well - along with a bit of singing. Great place that I'll be going back to!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have friends who eat here all the time and whenever we join them here, the food never disappoints. I think it's off the radar of most tourists because of its location, but it's been here forever and even if you're not a regular you will feel like one by the time you leave! There's a menu, but Villa Mosconi is one of those places where you can say "I feel like having..." and they'll help you out. They run the gamut from Southern Italian red-sauce dishes to Northern Italian stuffed-chops-in-marsala sauce type of dishes. If you're looking for a nice restaurant that isn't "tourista"-centered, give the Villa Mosconi a try!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We have visited Villa Mosconi several times over the last few years and the food is very good with a wide selection and usually many good specials, which I try to order. The veal chops are tender and tasty as are the shrimp. The service goes out of their way to make you feel at home and they are very efficent without being a bother. Jerry is an outstanding waiter with a good sense of humor and a great deal of knowledge. Take a visit you will not be disappointed.