“Elegant evening out”
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
San Francisco, California
“Elegant evening out”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We went here this summer for a special sister's night out to celebrate a birthday. It was a very special evening. The room is elegant and lovely, the service incredible and the food delicious! I would go back there in a heartbeat! The bar was also quite nice. I would plan to have some extra time to sit at the bar before the meal. For the people who complain about 15 minutes between courses being too long...This restaurant is a fine dining experience not a fast food restaurant. You go here to enjoy conversation and an elegant meal. Absolutely wonderful!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mary Beth M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Wonderful and elegant”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My friend had the prix-fixe lunch and I had the soft-shell crabs, which were wonderfully crisp just as I like them. My friend was satisfied but not exalted. The place is elegant and airy and relatively quiet. Tables are far enough apart that one can have a civilized conversation. Service is friendly and elegant. I plan to go back soon.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JHT1622
Thessaloniki, Greece
“15 minutes between courses is too much”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

we had a reservation at 14:00 for lunch. We seated without any attention at all (standing around) at 14:35 and we left at 16:25 after waiting more than a quarter for every course of the meal. The food was good but the service not acceptable

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank le048
Hong Kong, China
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

There is a prix fixe $34 three course lunch available here which is a steal. We really enjoyed our lunch here, although the waitress mistook my wife's ravioli order for skate fish. I am really glad we came here before joining our group tour. In my opinion everyone who visits NYC should at least have lunch here once.

Visited July 2014
County Dublin, Ireland
“Would go back!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Great service, nice ambiance and good food. Their one Micheline star rating is well deserved. The salmon appetizer was delicious and the veal was cooked to perfection. I would definitely come back!

2 Thank Pamela C