“100%!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 13,489 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Melbourne
“100%!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant in May for dinner. Unfortunately, we had booked a show for that evening and couldn't stay as long as we would've liked. My experience there was second to none. All the staff we encountered were professional and genuinely friendly with great character. Our food was to die for, I had the duck with foie gras which was mouthwatering. We were very disappointed to have to leave early but the staff made taxi arrangements to the show for us which was great. I will definitely be back and certainly can recommend Gotham.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food is always great at the Gotham Grill and the service is impeccable without being invasive. Wonderful ambiance.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We are somewhat food snobs and this was he best place we ate on our last trip to NYC. If you enjoy a restaurant with great atmosphere, service, and excellent food this is your place! :)

• Visited June 2014
Falun
“Totally worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a quite pricey restaurant, but the food and service matches the prices. They asked us when we arrived if we were going to a show afterwards so that we would'nt be late for that. We actually had a show to go to, so we really appreciated that. The quality of all the food was excellent and our waiter was very nice and cunning. Two dishes that were really outstanding was the agnolotti with goat cheese and the raspberry soufflé. We're definitly coming back when we get the chance!

Topanga, California
“BEYOND THE FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the moment I set foot into Gotham Bar & Grill, I knew I had crossed the threshold into another world--a world of beauty, a world of grace, a world which silenced the sidewalk and replaced all elements of the "Urban Sensorium" with the hush and excitement of a hideaway that seemed waiting just for me. I was greeted by Maitre d' Joseph Scherr, the attentive and hospitable gate-keeper who led me and my family to the most wonderful table ever, in the back, private, up two steps--our own linen and silver cocoon. It was my wife's birthday, our 23-year old son and his girlfriend were joining, and we were seated as if we were regulars. We're not, we live in LA. Cut to the chase--this place is magic. I'm certain the food and the wine were superb and I'm just as sure that the service was perfectly timed and executed, well-informed, and persuasive. The mood was for us a celebration, a family gathering in a setting of such comfort and care it made the thrill of the "present" last and last. Bravo Gotham! You serve your customers a very special dream.