“An American classic worth revisiting”
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently dined @ Gotham for Restaurant Week lunch with three friends. I hadn't been to Gotham in 4 years but it was a delightful experience from the moment we arrived. The ambiance was perfect, the food was prepared with great care, and the scene was happening. I enjoyed a warm curried cauliflower soup for my appetizer, a delicious cod dish for my entree and all three dessert choices (shared with my friends). It was not only beautiful, but delicious. I haven't dined @ Gotham in years and it was a delight from the moment I walked through the door. Well done Gotham!

1  Thank Tess100

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The first time I was there was in 1995 and at the time I was very impressed.
Still a great restaurant.
The food is above average and the service is quite good, but perhaps the environment deserved renovation.
I was a little disappointed because I asked specifically in my reservation for a round table of 8 seats and put me in a tight window table, but neither so the experience was badn.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The great food can not be ignored, however, the place is so busy that you feel that they are processing you like you were in a conveyor belt.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This was maybe our fifth or so trip to Gotham and this meal was as good as the others. The space is beautiful and for a Monday night at 8:00 it was packed. My only issue with Gotham is that the menu never changes but what is on the menu is great. The tuna and seafood salad appetizers are very tasty. The chicken as an entree is as good as you get. The wine list is also extensive and the service is first class. I put this restaurant in the Top 5 in all of NYC.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

we found this place a few years ago while walking through the Village, and ever since it has become our favorite grill to visit when we are in New York City. The food is delicious and the service professional.