“Delicious Steak”
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The restaurant is visually appealing and the food presentation is beautfiul. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The foof was delicious and cooked as ordered. We would definitely return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food, the service and the atmosphere were outstanding - we were a party of 10 and we were treated with exceptional attention to every detail - the actual food was of the standard you'd expect and the wine choice was very pleasing.

Will definitely be going again!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Smart, very friendly staff with great product knowledge. Excellent rugged foie gras and duck terrine, black cod better than Nobu, venison perfect, deserts loved by me as normally not a dessert fan. Good value considering everything. Wine list overpriced in bottles but excellent choices by sommelier by the glass at great prices, so no problems here. The only negative was the vegetable soup delicious but pomegranate puree too strong and spoilt the dish, but hey everything else was faultless.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. This is my 3rd time here and the 1st that I’m writing this review. The atmosphere is classic and elegant. The staff is very friendly, and the food is superb. They have a great wine selection, and the bread they serve is fresh and warm. We came here for lunch, and we ordered the roasted red and yellow beet salad and the mixed chicory salad to start with. For our entrée we ordered the miso marinated black cod, and grill beef strip loin. We also ordered the fresh white alba truffle risotto to share. The best dish of the day had to be the risotto. They pre-divided the portion for us, and the waiter hand grated the white truffle over the risotto. It was just delicious. For dessert, we had the Gotham chocolate cake with salted almond ice cream. It was rich in chocolate flavor and the saltiness of the ice cream created a great balance. Overall a great meal, and Gotham Bar and Grill is always a favorite.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was in NYC for work and decided to treat myself to a nice meal while there. I had no issue getting a reservation about a week prior, although it was for a Sunday. I was travelling alone and they offered me a lovely table off to the side with ample room, I wasn't shoved into a corner neglected being a lone diner! I started with a mulled cider at the bar, which was delicious and perfect for a cold winter's day. For the main I selected the black cod as per the waiter's guidance and it was divine. I enjoyed this with a nice Riesling, which I was pleased to see served by the glass. The wine list was impressive for sure! The service was very attentive and thorough without being obsequious, which is sometimes a fine balance.The decor was pleasant enough and the room had a good buzz for a Sunday evening. While it was admittedly expensive, it wasn't outrageous and I felt like it was excellent value for the meal. Would return and/or recommend.