“No bar and grill just great gatsby” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 13,107 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Melbourne, Australia
“No bar and grill just great gatsby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Superb service. Name suggests pub but decor great gatsby. Plates served by three waiters simultaneously for our three dinners. Sommelier recommended a great white and followed by a glass of the Californian Pinot both excellent choices. I had soft crab as an entree lovely but had better in Queensland, wife the Canadian scollops certainly the best pick, son the terrine. Mains,the muscovany duck sensational with great game flavour, son had the lobster with a brilliant presentation and flavour and the halibut perfectly cooked. A cheese platter accompanied by a Madeira and a peach Melba and desert Riesling suggested by our waiter to perfectly accompany the subtle flavours. Well balanced Loved it. $225 food $200 wines $75 service . Punches above one michellan star.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Arlington, VA
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was a recommendation from a friend for a nice evening out. Great food, good bar, and lovely atomsphere. Will go back again!

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Good food, but small portions only left me wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to the Gotham Bar and Grill with a friend, and while the food was nice and well presented, I haven't seen portions that small since I went to Boulay. I had the ceviche appetizer, which was only ok but since it was so tiny it didn't matter. Then I went on to the beef main course, which was three tiny pieces of beef but cooked exquisitely with an amazing sear. And I luckily got the end piece which was just a huge hunk of seared beef but cooked medium rare (though much more rare than medium); it was delicious. For dessert, my friend had the brownie crémeux, and I'm not even sure what they were trying to accomplish with that mess. I had the chocolate cake, and it was really heaven, even though I found it a bit light.
I'm not really sure I'd go back, but obviously everyone else seems to like it so maybe I went on a bad day.

1 Thank Canuckker
Florence, New Jersey
“Great Food, Bad Bar experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited the Gotham Bar and Grill during restaurant week on August 8th. The place is beautiful and was packed at 2:00 p.m. We were greeted and directed to the bar since our table was not yet ready. I ordered a house pino gris and was told they had none, but gladly poured me a white I would like, fine. My friend ordered a house merlot and was told they had none, but was poured a red "she would like". Great! When we tried to close out the bar tab as we moved to our table, they said no, no, they would just place the wine on our lunch tab. Curious about what our "house wines" were and what they cost I asked the waitress. To my surprise they were $19.00 a glass while on the menu the house red and white were offered for $9.00. Obviously after spending almost $40.00 we did not order our usual bottle with lunch.
The food was wonderful, the service from the wait staff great, but we left the establishment feeling like we had been part of a "sting". I have been to many expensive restaurants over the years and usually when I ask for a glass of house wine, I don't get poured one for $19.00

Would I go back? yes, would I ever order a drink without knowing the cost again or sit at the bar, no.

4 Thank kathy r
Yorba Linda, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Good Restaurant to Celebrate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food was delicious. We had a large group and were treated well. We took a cab there after a matinee in Times Square.

Visited June 2013