“Wow wow wow”
Review of Gotham Bar & Grill

Gotham Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gotham Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: 5th Ave + University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,W,Q to Union Square. Gotham is 2 blocks south on 12th Street. F,M to 14th Street. Gotham is 1 avenue east and 2 blocks south. 1,2,3 to 14th Street. Gotham is 2 avenues east and 2 blocks south.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Expensive and difficult to get a booking but SO worth the effort. Cocktails were spectacular, food was amazing but dessert....it was spectacular! Service, ambience and wine list are as fantastic as the meal. If you are in NYC to treat yourself book this in advance and ENJOY!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,598)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I ate at Gotham yesterday and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent, could not have asked for nicer service, and it is a really calming space.

For you reading this, if you are looking for an inexpensive not out, Gotham is not your place. Our tab for two ran at $250, but that is to be expected when you come to a top 25 restaurant in New York City.

We tried the tuna tartar and the vegetable risotto for starters and both were exceptional. We paired each with the custom cocktails which were both really original.

I had their strip steak, which was good (but not great), and my wife had the duck which was outstanding.

For deserts, we tried their chocolate sundae which was very good and their pear soufflé which was out of this world.

Our server must have come by our table at least 10 times to check on us, without being intrusive at all. The bussing service was so efficient that you almost didn't notice them. For a restaurant that was absolutely packed, the service and execution was flawless.

I guess that's why they have been in business for 29 years, and have five straight 3 star ratings from the NY Times. That does not happen by accident.

Also the neighborhood is absolutely superb for a stroll after dinner. Does not get much better than this area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I indulged in Gotham's chocolate tasting. So incredibly glad that we did, notwithstanding what might appear like a somewhat steep price for desert. We added the wine pairing.

Everything about Gotham was exquisite; the service, the food, the atmosphere. It is easy to see why this place is an institution.

As for the deserts they were simply incredible and a bargain at their price. Every attention was paid to their detail and if one likes chocolate, then this is a must do.

The wine pairing at $20 is a bargain. Again notwithstanding the fact that my wife and I were not spending as most as much in the restaurant the sommelier was sure to introduce the wine and pour it properly. Service.

When next we return to New York we will be sure to consider Gotham for dinner.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This restaurant is just what it is suppose to be: Cool and trendy, yet on the formal side, with amazing food and good atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The service provided by Gotham far exceeded my expectations! The food was fresh, perfectly prepared and delicious! The room is open and a crisp, clean design. I highly recommend Gotham.