“Superbowl steak out”
Review of Strip House

Strip House
Reserve with OpenTable
Strip House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #566 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: University Place
Transit: 4,5,6,N,R,L to Union Square.
Description: A sultry steakhouse in New York City’s Greenwich Village where old-world glamour meets modern style and sophistication. Experience the combination of charred cuts perfectly paired with decadent sides, such as Truffle Creamed Spinach and Goose Fat Potatoes. And be sure to save room for the famed 24-Layer Chocolate Cake. Named a top steakhouse by Zagat and awarded four stars by Forbes, the namesake cut of aged beef isn't the only work of art to marvel upon...just take a look at the walls and tell us you don’t agree. Black and white vintage photos of bordello girls from the original 1900’s Studio Manasse collection reference an era of decadence and seduction. Visit our second NYC location, the new Strip House Midtown at 44th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues, or on the Las Vegas Strip at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Not the obvious superbowl party venue but as all the vegetarians in our group bailed on us we had a guilt free night out. I wont comment on the atmosphere as clearly the place was about a quarter full. The service was very efficient and the staff were nit distracted by the game being shown on a few screens. I assume the TV isn't a feature on other Sunday evenings. Still it was the food we went for and we weren't disappointed. My fillet mignon was excellent fully customisable down to spice crusting choices. Wine available by the glass let everyone go with individual preferences. The selection was good and reasonably priced. No hesitation in recommending ~ personally i prefer the Village branch ~ but probably the wrong evening to make comparisons. Enjoy.

BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Strip House, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Strip House!

It truly means a lot to us to hear from you and we appreciate your wonderful feedback. We are delighted you could join us for the Big Game!

We hope to have you dine with us again and wish you all the best.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

After walking around lower Manhattsn, we wanted to go to an old fashion steak house. My steak was cooked properly and my husband's sea bass was delicious. Attentive service and portions so large we had snacks for the next day. Tables and booths, nice bar and pictures of celebrities on the walls made us feel comfortable and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner.

BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Strip House, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It truly means a lot to us to hear from you and we appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Celebrating my friends' birthday, my friends and I came here. All excited for some yummy cow!
Once seated, i noticed on my setting, the side dish was dirty, full of crumbs. I was automatically annoyed. As a chef, I do expect the front of the house to be up to par with things. The one good thing abt the servers was that they were very good at refilling our water. Half of us was suffering from a hangover and we needed it!

For the most the apps and our steaks were good. Altho the birthday boy asked for a med-rare and it was med.

everyone except for myself ate the crab cakes, worse thing ever!! By the time everyone got home (within an hr of leaving the restaurant), they all had diarrhea!
For the price that we r paying, u would think they would b more cautious in their food handling.

Overall I would never go back. It was for the most mediocre. But it was completely killed once all my friends told me they had the runs.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We went to New York as a family for Xmas and both my teenage boys love stake. So I booked into the Strip House as I've been a few times for business. This is a fantastic steak house and never disappoints. Outstanding US beef, service and setting. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Strip House, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The bone-in filet might be the best steak in the city, which is saying something given how many good places there are for steak in NYC.

The wait staff doesn't get in the way of the meal, they are there when you need them, but don't overwhelm you.

The desserts are delicious but huge.

BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Strip House, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014