“Memorable lunch”
Review of Bouley Restaurant

Bouley Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouley Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $59 five course tasting menu for lunch, a prix fixe of three courses for $135 and $195 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Memorable lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Amazing! Beautiful and elegant, exquisite food and great service. Everything was impeccable. The experience begins since you enter the place with the smell of the apples and it just get better!
Carlos and José were by far the most incredible waiters I've met.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

On my last trip to New York a year ago, my friends and I ate our way through 25 Michelin stars over the course of a couple of weeks. Our final meal on that trip was at Bouley, and we were shocked that it only had a single star - the meal and service (in particular our waiter, Nico) were fantastic.

In light of that experience, I was very excited about the prospect of my first meal back in New York being at Bouley. We booked a late reservation of 10:30pm for 4 people, as we were flying in from Australia that night. I arrived alone at about 10:20pm - the man who greeted me at the door immediately quizzed me about the whereabouts of the rest of my party, and was clearly unhappy that we had booked such a late table (although the restaurant had listed it as an available option). At 10:33pm, the same gentleman came to my table to ask why my friends hadn't arrived, and strongly advised that I call them as the "kitchen was closing soon". All of the staff in the dining room were giving me unhappy looks, and talking loudly about how ridiculous that there was a 10:30pm table ("they're just walk-ins, right?"). The only member of staff who was vaguely friendly was the sommelier, who I remembered from my last visit. One of my friends came in about 10 minutes late, and at that time we suggested to the wait staff that we could just order for the table. The waitress made it very clear that the tasting menu of six courses was not an option, due to the late hour, and suggested that we quickly make our decisions for the whole party. It was at this point that I realised I couldn't endure the indignity any longer. My friend and I left and waited outside for the rest of our party, who arrived at around 10:45pm.

While I understand that we weren't all at our table on time, if the restaurant is going to accept reservations for 10:30pm, surely they need to be able to accommodate parties being 15 minutes late? Instead, the staff behaved like the restaurant was already closed and made it clear that our presence was an inconvenience. Also, it would be helpful if they advised on making the reservation that the tasting menu would not be offered after a certain time.

As a young female sitting alone at a table in a foreign city, with the entire wait staff of a restaurant staring at me disapprovingly, it was definitely the worst dining experience I've ever had. Fortunately our night was rescued by a fabulous meal at Del Posto, where we were all made to feel very comfortable and at home, and where my faith in American service was restored!

5 Thank BrisbaneGourmand
Canada
“delivering the basics”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

in the midst of tribeca is an old world inspired french restaurant. the room is beautifully designed. the menu is varied and the food delicious. Basic french done well befitting to its one star status. a very romantic venue. definitely a lovely staple to the food scene in NYC

North Reading, Massachusetts
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for her 50th birthday and we couldn't have been more please or satisfied. Was our first visit. We had the 6 course tasting menu, which was out of this world. Service was attentive and the dining room decor literally takes you to the south of France. Worth a return trip and is a great place for any special occasion.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I treated my foodie husband to a birthday dinner at Bouley in early April. We started by sharing a bottle of champagne in the lovely orchid-lined lounge while waiting for a particular table that we had requested. For dinner we had the tasting menu with wine pairings. Everything about the experience was superb--atmosphere, service, food. Highly recommended.