“That's why it's rated one of the best restaurants in NYC!”
Review of Bouley Restaurant - CLOSED

Bouley Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $59 five course tasting menu for lunch, a prix fixe of three courses for $135 and $195 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our dining experience at Bouley is what every restaurant that claims to be fine dining should aspire to provide! The food was fresh, creative, and delicious. All aspects of service were impeccable, from the gentleman serving our bread, to the sommelier, to the woman who took our order, to the ancillary staff,and the host.

As soon as you enter the restaurant, you are instantly transported out of New York and feel as if you are sitting at a restaurant in the beautiful French countryside. Our evening at Bouley was perfect. I rarely say that I will return to any restaurant because I am often disappointed, but Bouley is worth the return! We felt special, attended to, and not rushed in any way by staff or those bussing tables. Wow, what a magical evening! Congratulations Bouley for reminding us that quality still exists in our bustling city.

1  Thank MLM1974
There are newer reviews for Bouley Restaurant

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Prior to our trip to NY I had done a lot of research as to where to eat (I always do). There were several great comments about lunch at Bouley and they were spot on. There were 5 of us and we all agreed it was one of our best restaurant experiences ever. The food, service and attention to detail never wavered. Can't recall a restaurant where they featured a bread cart! We all did the tasting menu and each course was better than the one before. If you are just looking for lunch in NY this is not for you. If you are looking for a wonderful dining experience make your reservation today! With so many great restaurants in NY we try to always pick somewhere new when visiting. This has allowed us to experience, Daniel, Le Bernardin, La Grenouille, Colicchio and Son and others. I will definitely return to Bouley.

1  Thank Julrah
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The atmosphere is very elegant. The crowd is very upscale. For me the food was inedible, The prices are super expensive.

1  Thank bbbbangkok
Reviewed March 15, 2014

During our trip to New York I had done research prior to arrival on the best restaurants to eat at in NYC. Bouley was by far the best choice I could of made. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and the sweet smell of apples like an orchard. All 8 courses were to die for! Despite the wine list looking much like a bible, our host was able to recommend a wine to match the food. A nice touch was the bread trolley that came round and you were able to pick from a variety or breads. If you are planning a trip to NYC and looking for a fine dining experience to top off your trip this is the place to go. Despite being in one of the most amazing cities I have ever been to Bouley made me and my partner forget the chaos and busyness of this amazing city and provided with us some tranquility.
Top tip: if you are a gent, ensure to pack a suit jacket, if you would like to provide humour to your visit to Bouley, you will be given a suit jacket upon arrival which may be suited for a larger male.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a fantastic lunch at the Bouley. The set menu is amazing value, for around $52 for umpteen courses, this was fine dining at its finest. The staff were great, not at all stuffy (Gavroche in London - please take note !) and the surroundings were sublime. I have recommended it to many friends and family who have all been thrilled by their experience.