“Feast for the senses!”
Review of Bouley Restaurant

Bouley Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouley Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: Hudson Street
Transit: Chambers Street stop 1,2,3,A,C,E lines Brooklyn Bridge stop 4,5,6 lines City Hall stop R line
Description: Bouley features the exciting culinary talents of famed four- star Chef, David Bouley. Bouley offers French cuisine with modern Asian influences served in an elegant and intimate setting. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a $59 five course tasting menu for lunch, a prix fixe of three courses for $135 and $195 six course tasting menu for dinner. Parties of 8 or more may order from the tasting menu only and deposit is required to secure a reservation. Chef Bouley is always happy to accommodate all dietary needs and restrictions. Jackets are required for gentlemen at both lunch and dinner.
S. Florida
“Feast for the senses!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Fabulous experience from beginning to end. Not only was the food stellar, but the dining experience complimented the food. The dining room has a soothing French countryside calmness that simply heightens the taste, sight and smell of the delicious food. We got the prix fixe, 5 courses of various items from the menu, but the kitchen kept sending out little tastes of other things - there were 4 of these, including a delightful selection of cookies/pastries at the very end. I'll be back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“The best dining experience of my life.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Last weekend i had at bouley perhaps the best dining experience i have ever had. There are so many things i liked about this place i dont even know where to begin. The moment you walk in the door they sit you in a room with a comfy seat that smells of apples and they offer you drinks until your table is clear. The dining room was not the fancied i have ever been in but the word i would use to describe it is classy. Our meal started off with the mushroom app which was great and tasted of truffle but i didnt see any truffle in it, i wonder if it had truffle oil. After that we had a few small courses that were compliments of the chef and 1 of these was advertised as having truffle oil in it. There was also a bread cart which had a selection of i want to say 5 types of fresh bread. Next came our main course and this would be my 1 small let down. We both ordered the steak and it was ok but ive had better and after the rest of my experience was so good my expectations were higher. Next we ordered a desert which also came with a 2nd desert and 2 glasses of wine compliments of the chef as i just got engaged that day. What really made this place stand out to me was the service i recieved. I dont think i have ever felt this taken care of in my entire life. Sure it was expensive and dinner ran me over $200 but with the "freebies" and stellar service i did not feel nickel and dimed. Bouley gets 2 huge thumbs up.

ps im not sure it was him but there was a man running around acting as a maitre d who seemed to be very involved in what everyone was doing in the dining room and im 99% sure it was david bouley himself

1 Thank Brian G
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Simply excellent!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went for our anniversary and everything was excellent. I could not come up with one negative. I would highly recommend all the fantastic bread.

• Visited January 2013
New City, New York
“An incredible dining experience!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I, wanting to share a truly celebratory evening for her **th birthday along with our daughter, son and spouses, chose Bouley. Having been fortunate enough to enjoy many of NY's truly finest dining destinations, we're delighted to say that Bouley--true to it's reputation--deserves every accolade. How had we not been here before!?!? You enter this restaurant--hidden away behind a demure door on Duane St.--and you're immediately transported to another dimension in France. Our downstairs table--street level is grander, perhaps not reserved for first-timers such as ourselves--was beautiful, in a jewel-box setting. The wait-staff could not have been more professional...platings etc came and went seamlessly throughout the six course tasting menu we all LOVED! Plenty of choices along the way to suit every taste, and 4 additonal "compliments of the house" taste-sensations to add to our delight. Every single dish was fabulous, nothing skimpy, lots of "wow, you gotta taste this!" all night. Kudos to our captain Nico, and our sommelier as well...guiding me, despite not being a novice, through the extensive wine list for 3 perfectly matched wines. Can 4 hours (!!) pass magically without having you check your watch? Yes...that's Bouley. An extraordinary dining experience. D. Slater New City, NY

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“No Thanks”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Based off of the reviews on trip advisor my wife and I chose Bouley as our splurge dining experience this year. Based on everyone elses reviews, it seems like we went to a different restaurant. If you're comparing Bouley to Applebees then sure, this is a 5 star experience, but compared to the other $200+/person options available in NYC (the ones we've been to recently: Le Bernardin, Craft, eleven madison park, and the Modern), I can't recommend Bouley. As others mention, the apple foyer is a welcome surprise and the atmosphere is excellent. The food was good but again, good shouldn't cut it! One of our biggest problems was that the menu doesn't convey exactly what you'll be eatting and in our experience, often no one cared to explain to us what we were eatting. For instance, the rack of lamb isn't exactly a rack of lamb, when our dishes came out no one was there to explain why there were two different looking small lamb racks and other cuts on our plate. It wasn't until after that course when our "waiter" arrived and we asked him to explain the meal, he informed us how they were prepared differently and didn't care to think that it was odd no one had explained any of our entrees. This happened 3 times where we were all left to venture guesses (if someone has had the farm egg, would love to hear an explanation on that!) We had questions about wine for the sommelier who gave the impression we were bothering her. Our favorite meal was the foie which we got added onto our 6 course tasting (beware, asking if we were able to do this garnered a role of the eyes from our waiter). Nothing in the 6 courses blew us away as favorites, which i'm sure not knowing what you're eating doesn't help. The oysters were good, never had them paired with kiwi which were a little overpowering, the langoustine was good but nothing amazing, the farm egg as mentioned above was a white foamy cheese cloud which no one ever explained, we had the foie next which was our fav of the night, the rack of lamb was ok - might have been better if we knew to compare the different preperations. the rhubarb soup was delicious, the chocolate souffle - no complaints. In short, the food was good but compared to other nyc experiences in a similiar (or less!) price range, it just doesn't compare. I've never experienced plain rude and lacking service at top tier restuarants. I'm not certain how Bouley is rated so highly by other diners, from my experience I would recommend going elsewhere!

• Visited April 2013